The National (Part 2) - High Violet & Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also didn't bother looking at the link in detail because I'm an asshole.

Because I like to be late to parties, I've got to say I've had High Violet on the car stereo for the last month to and from work (in rotation with REM's Green and Live from Olympia) and I like very much. Sorry I can't be more specific cobbler...

I need to hear this new song.

This One?

YouTube - The National - Exile Vilify

I ain't the biggest fan of Exile Vilify, Although it's still a great track, it reminds me too much of a more Mellon collie version of Wake Up Your Saints, mainly just the piano riff, It's as if they had the roots of the track and didn't know weather or not to go happy or sad, so they done both.

As for Think You Can Wait, weather or not it borrows from Springsteen, it's still a fantastic track!!! Sharon Van Etten sounds amazing on it!!! A great artist in her own right!

Anyone else kinda wish The National would end their tour and get back into the studio? especially with the songwriting form their currently on!!! Although maybe I only wish that as there is no nearby tour dates for me!!! :wink:

This One?

I ain't the biggest fan of Exile Vilify, Although it's still a great track, it reminds me too much of a more Mellon collie version of Wake Up Your Saints, mainly just the piano riff, It's as if they had the roots of the track and didn't know weather or not to go happy or sad, so they done both.

As for Think You Can Wait, weather or not it borrows from Springsteen, it's still a fantastic track!!! Sharon Van Etten sounds amazing on it!!! A great artist in her own right!

I feel exactly the opposite. I think Exile Vilify is amazing, and that Think You Can Wait is an average National homage to Springsteen.

Oh shit! An upcoming 7" featuring "Exile Vilify" and "Think You Can Wait!"

Oh shit! An upcoming 7" featuring "Exile Vilify" and "Think You Can Wait!"

see, i used to be such a sucker for stuff like that until my brother broke my turntable.

who am i kidding, i'm still a sucker for stuff like that.

The Dessners mentioned a while ago that they had been working with Sharon van Etten on a new project. I wonder if "Think You Can Wait" came from those sessions, as it sounds like her in the background.

The Dessners mentioned a while ago that they had been working with Sharon van Etten on a new project. I wonder if "Think You Can Wait" came from those sessions, as it sounds like her in the background.
She's definitely on Think You Can Wait, they've said so.

Finally listening to the bonus disc from High Violet. Um, wow, I like this version of Terrible Love.

I need to freaking just buy the bonus disc songs on iTunes or something.

Preorder is up for the new 7" on clear (!) vinyl. It's $6, which is awesome, but shipping is $5.95. Lame. Think I'll just try my luck and hope a local record store gets one in.

Edit: Nope. It's only for sale on their online store. This sucks.

Seeing them Sunday (if I can freaking remember...this year is just flying by...). Excited. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom