The Killers - Day And Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgot to mention When You Were Young before. Stellar song! Maybe my favorite Killers track.. even though I prefer Hot Fuss overall. Also, nowhere on WYWY does he do that awful overly dramatic vocal thing I mentioned before. So that helps.

Forgot to mention When You Were Young before. Stellar song! Maybe my favorite Killers track.. even though I prefer Hot Fuss overall. Also, nowhere on WYWY does he do that awful overly dramatic vocal thing I mentioned before. So that helps.

My only problem with When You Were Young is the bridge part; were it just slows down for absolutely no reason and Brandon says some pointless lyric. Everything else is awesome though

thats like the best part of the song

Actually in hindsight, that part is not that bad... cos after the solo, the music hits a crescendo and almost drowns out his voice but... take River Is Wild for instance... the way he sings "this river is wiiiiiiiiiiiild" in the first chorus.. ugh! It's worse than Michael Stipe's "and nothing is cooooowwhlllllllll" :laugh:

I listened to the whole album again this evening. Enjoyed everything from opening title track to Read My Mind and then skipped over Uncle Jonny, Bones and My List.. straight to This River Is Wild to end. Not that those 3 songs are bad but they're a bit boring. Bones is pretty bad though. :laugh:

:( I like Bones. It's one of the few moments on that album that's actually fun.

Bones was an attempt at fun that I found to be a failure, and that generally just did not belong on Sam's Town in the first place. I think, like I said earlier in this thread, that Joyride was an attempt at the same thing, but since this is a looser album in the first place, it succeeds.

Bones was an attempt at fun that I found to be a failure, and that generally just did not belong on Sam's Town in the first place. I think, like I said earlier in this thread, that Joyride was an attempt at the same thing, but since this is a looser album in the first place, it succeeds.

Good points all around.

That Sam's Town is no place for fun when Brandon Flowers can barely write his way out of a wet paper bag is one of the many reasons that album can kiss my ass.

Good points all around.

That Sam's Town is no place for fun when Brandon Flowers can barely write his way out of a wet paper bag is one of the many reasons that album can kiss my ass.

:grumpy: I just set you up for that didn't I. I understand that, yeah, Hot Fuss was a fun SOUNDING album, but were any of those songs really all that happy?

:grumpy: I just set you up for that didn't I. I understand that, yeah, Hot Fuss was a fun SOUNDING album, but were any of those songs really all that happy?

Oh, mom, you're so out of touch. Who pays attention to lyrics anymore? :rolleyes:

the choruses, especially the last chorus in Bones are pretty fucking great. the verses not so much. but that last chorus, when the chord progression changes, and the whole feel of the song changes, that my friends is magic.

After refreshing Craigslist all day, I struck pure gold: two tickets to Friday night's show at San Francisco's Warfield Theater, capacity ~2500, in the balcony, front row, perfect-dead-center, at face value. There is a god. And he works for a concert promotion company, Bill Graham Presents, and can't attend the show because he's seeing Nine Inch Nails in Sacramento that night instead. And he wanted the tickets to go to a "real Killers fan," so he made me answer a couple of quiz questions about Killers track listing stuff. This show had sold out in under 8 minutes.

Thought y'all could appreciate!

Front row, bitches!

:drool::drool::drool:

Thats awesome. I saw them at Hammerstein in NYC a few weeks ago; it was my 4th time seeing them. They're awesome live!

I haven't listened to this album since about a week after it came out. I need to revisit it soon.

i tried to buy tickets but they were sold out in the 2 minutes in took me to get through

:mad:

Did Brandon audition for a role in Star Trek or something?

That guy makes me cringe more than Bono and Chris Martin combined

I really don't care for The Killers... but I don't get why they released Human instead of Spaceman as the first single.... :doh:

Back
Top Bottom