The Killers - Battle Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed.

I get some of the songs not being played, not just sonically but thematically there's some dark shit there that's kind of a downer... But there's no reason why they shouldn't be playing ,for example, Quiet Town every night

Yep - There’s got to be 4 or 5 songs that are much better candidates for the set than Fire in Bone

Well, it's the Imploding the Mirage tour (rescheduled, of course). They're technically still trying to tour that record, so I understand that it might be tough to add too much from Pressure Machine onto the setlists when they've gotta get the ItM songs out there.

And I say that as someone who knew Fire in Bone was coming and used that as my chance for a bathroom break.

Well, it's the Imploding the Mirage tour (rescheduled, of course). They're technically still trying to tour that record, so I understand that it might be tough to add too much from Pressure Machine onto the setlists when they've gotta get the ItM songs out there.

And I say that as someone who knew Fire in Bone was coming and used that as my chance for a bathroom break.

i do get that - but, like, cut out the smiths covers and play Quiet Town man.

Brandon's thrown out the idea in interviews of them doing a theatre run of shows where they would play Pressure Machine in full. That would be pretty cool.

That would be great, but still .. adding those songs to the encore in SLC added about 20 minutes to the show, which isn't crazy, and doing it at the encore allows them to separate it thematically.

Alas, I'm screaming into the void here... The show I'm seeing is the last one of the north American tour, so maybe they'll break some things out for that one.

so they went and added another show after the Capital One Arena gig - which means it's not the last show of the tour anymore.

but hey - it's also in DC, so fuck it - we got tickets for that show as well :hyper:,

this show will be at a significantly smaller venue - The Anthem - which is an amazing 5,000 person venue. i'm pretty sure dave grohl had some input on the audio specs when the place was being designed, and i've never seen a bad show there. this will be the venue's 5th anniversary show.

2017AV81.468.jpg

so hey - two killers shows in three nights!

Brandon's thrown out the idea in interviews of them doing a theatre run of shows where they would play Pressure Machine in full. That would be pretty cool.

This would make the most sense for me.

Quiet Town would probably go over well live consistently, due to its I–V–vi–IV chord progression, which naturally makes it pleasing on the ears despite the subject matter.

Otherwise, it's hard for me to see them playing too many off them at an arena show. Aside from In the Car Outside, for similar reasons above.

You would be a left stager.

For real tho, glad they finally mixed up their show a bit. But also When You Were Young was spent too early. That song is a late stager, no question.

Although maybe an odd choice to open the encore, you got Just Another Girl which they’ve only played four other times this year and this was the first time in the US.

The Way It Was has also been fairly rare this tour (though it took the spot of Jenny Was a Friend of Mine).

Cody is one of the better ones to get off of PM. Not a bad setlist

Killers Night 2: Electric Boogaloo

Setlist
My Own Soul's Warning
Enterlude
When You Were Young
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Smile Like You Mean It
Shot at the Night
Running Towards a Place
Human
Spaceman
Somebody Told Me
boy
Runaway Horses
West Hills (live debut)
For Reasons Unknown
Runaways
Read My Mind
Rut
Caution
All These Things That I've Done

Encore:
The Man
Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (The Smiths cover)
This Charming Man (The Smiths cover)
Mr. Brightside

PXL_20221013_023426488.jpg

Meh there was significantly more room over there at the start of the show. The giant line for the bar created a barrier.

Didn't get there till 8:15

I got there at 7:30ish and went to both lines. I actually queued on left side and went back to my friend on right side because the line on the right was strangely worse.

Nice pics also. Is this a good time to shame you for going to two weekday shows but not going to both U2 shows because they were week nights (if I recall correctly)

I got there at 7:30ish and went to both lines. I actually queued on left side and went back to my friend on right side because the line on the right was strangely worse.

Nice pics also. Is this a good time to shame you for going to two weekday shows but not going to both U2 shows because they were week nights (if I recall correctly)

you recall incorrectly. i went to both U2 shows at Capital One.

I also narc'd on the GA line the previous friday when they were trying to set up and get their friends signed up before making it public. it's one of my favorite moments as a U2 fan, actually.

Back
Top Bottom