The Cure: 4:13 DREAM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a setlist from the early '90's. Regardless, I'll be getting it. Apparently the proceeds go to a charity.

Has anyone heard Bestival yet? Some of the user reviews are saying the mix is terrible, some are saying it's great. Based on a few short clips I heard, I couldn't really say.

For some reason I've been hooked on the track, "All I Want" from Kiss Me x 3. Never really paid the song much attention in the past. Weird how that can happen sometimes, a song you've heard numerous times previously suddenly becomes awesome.

I've been digging into The Cure's discography lately (as I'm going to see them live this summer) but they have so many albums that I don't know where to go.

I've listened to Seventeen Seconds and Disintegration so far. I love the latter and I thought the former was quite boring. Could anyone give me some advice on which album I should listen to next?

The Head on the Door. It doesn't sound like either of those, but it'll give you a clue as to how you might feel about their poppier work. That's an important facet of the Cure's sound.

Also, Seventeen Seconds is boring? Your momma was boring.

Play For Today and A Forest are good. The rest sounds like someone playing with some cool atmospheric sounds. I'm missing the songs.

It's what I would refer to as the Cure's TUF. Driven by soundscapes and atmosphere, you're not going to find LOTS OF HITS (although the two you mentioned are excellent), but the whole is a fascinating listening experience that gets more intriguing and unique the further you dig into their discography. You also absolutely must listen to it in the dark, with headphones. I drove around tonight with A Forest cranked and it was just perfect.

Besides the two singles, M and At Night are also amazing.

It does seem like a mood-album yeah. I'll give it another listen when I'm in the right one.

And I'll try The Head on the Door next, thanks.

In Your House is another gem from Seventeen Seconds. Very cool guitar riff. Anyway, the whole album is much better live, and I was delighted to experience the full performance of it in Sydney last year.

I've listened to Seventeen Seconds and Disintegration so far. I love the latter and I thought the former was quite boring.

Seventeen Seconds is my favorite album from The Cure. As LM said, it's definitely a mood piece - not for everyone, though, as it is unremittingly dour.

I would also concur that Head on the Door should probably be your next stop, followed perhaps by Wish, which has a lot of similarities to Disintegration, I think. It has the same epic intentions as Disintegration but leans more toward pop songs.

I'd prefer no news to that kind of news! :wink:

I've enjoyed finally getting the fancy reissue versions of Kiss Me x3 and Disintegration. I never got the Head of the Door one, and it looks like it's out of print and expensive to buy brand new now.

You won't buy used records either?

Head on the Door reissue is worth it for in between days rs home demo alone :combust:

You can find the Head on the Door reissue used all over the place. It's definitely worth the $15 or so.

OK, I thought maybe you were one of the only people who feel that buying albums used is the same as downloading them and abstained from it as well :wink:

Nah, I just like finding things new if I can. Sometimes when I get things used I have weird moments hoping that the previous owner wasn't some crazily uncleanly person. :wink:

I used to buy all sorts of shiznit used, back when used cd stores were all over the place.

Not buying albums is nothing the Internet instilled in me. I have always bought albums used. Even now, you've seen how I roll, buying albums when they're the Amazon daily deal.

Nothing wrong with getting things at a good price.

The Cure have so freaking many b-sides. I have that b-sides set (think I got it used now that I think about it), but I feel super unfamiliar with most of them. Looking at some of the demos on the deluxe sets, I thought they were songs that were never released, and then realized they were b-sides I've probably heard a few times a piece.

I tried to keep a running list of what I liked when I listened through Join the Dots that one time and failed miserably. A registered has been in order for quite some time. Their b-sides are so cool in some ways, especially the stuff from the mid 80s.

Agreed, there are some really good ones (and some that definitely didn't deserve to be on albums). :wink:

I need to give it all another listen sometime too. Halo and Another Journey By Train are probably the only two I would recognize by name if I heard them.

Staring at the Sea (cd version of Standing on a Beach) is probably my most listened to "best of" type compilation ever. Listened to it so much before I finally got all their albums.

Back
Top Bottom