The Church: new albums, new tours, cranky old bastards. What's not to love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marty with a beard :ohmy: I'm not sure I like this particular development. I'm gonna have to ponder this....

Glad to hear you had a great time Trance!!!

blueeyedgirl said:
Marty with a beard :ohmy: I'm not sure I like this particular development. I'm gonna have to ponder this....

Glad to hear you had a great time Trance!!!

MWP's lookin really great in person with all that hair... honest! I actually got a chance to say hello after the Church's set in the Forum foyer :D And I didn't feel nervous at all this time.. it was great! I got a couple of really silly photo's with him as well (and I look 'orrible in both of them, LOL).

Are you going to see them in Adelaide BEG??? Hope you have a great time if you are attending :hyper:

Yeah, it's a shit load of hair, ain't it? He looks, well, WILD!!!! :drool:

Nah, I can't make this gig this time :( I know, but it's not a good time of year this year for me. And the prices were a wee bit steep. Will try to catch them next time hopefully.

:no: ohh! I must be mad .. but here goes :no:

martyme.jpg

:wink:
PC150559.jpg

and just coz I like this one :D

P9290317.jpg

They are great pics TE. And you look fine in them. :yes:

Damn that is a shitload of hair on Marty though. Wow. He really went whole hog, didn't he? :ohmy: :wink:

Thanks you guys :) !! I like what BEG said before, Marty's turned into a wild man! :drool: A new Churchy friend I've made recently also came along to the show on Saturday night with me and my sis and when she first saw MWP she said 'Wow! He looks like Jesus!' :D

TranceEnding said:
Thanks you guys :) !! I like what BEG said before, Marty's turned into a wild man! :drool: A new Churchy friend I've made recently also came along to the show on Saturday night with me and my sis and when she first saw MWP she said 'Wow! He looks like Jesus!' :D

You do know that God is an Englishman don't you? So it's just logical. :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:
I'd pray at that altar.... :shifty:

:ohmy:

:lol:

TranceEnding said:
SK is having a rant, but I can't understand what he's saying!

SK ranting?! Never!! :D

Make sure U2Bliss knows she has to report in full here ASAP. :yes: :wink:

I heard the 'f' word on numerous occassions and talking about all the damn tourists down at Bondi beach .. all the Irish backpackers getting second degree (sun) burns, LOL :wink:

This was the intro to Block :D

I think there was a long talk just before Milky Way too!

I've written down the setlist, but I don't wanna steal U2Bliss's thunder :wink:

Indra you may live to regret asking for a review as i tend to ramble ......

Arrived at the show just as Little Birdy were leaving the stage. Don’t know if you were aware of the lineup but it was Eldorado, Little birdy, The Church, Chris Issak :scratch: and the Divinyls. There was a distinctive crowds for each artist - crowds just seemed to leave after their artist went off and then another crowd would come in. So my friend and I litterally walked to the front row (left hand side) after Litttle Birdy left stage. Brilliant view, couldn’t believe it - more than happy . I kept thinking 'bloody hell if i only had a camera" and why is TE not with me??? Which is why I ended up phoning her - i figured if she can’t be there, then at least she could hear it. So thanks to TE for noting down the setlist because I’m hopeless at remembering songs, nevermind the order... Day 5 with a snippet of Tantalized, Destination, Myrrh, Ripple, Hotel Womb, Under a Milky Way and Block

Such a short setlist – I don’t know about you TE but that time just seemed to fly by for me. TE phoned me saying they’d be on for 45 minutes so I was really excited about that but in reality that was way to short for me. I could have easily watched them for another couple of hours....…instead they had give more time to Chris Issak of all people :no: . I was so peeved they were playing in daylight too - i would have preferred to watch them at night - hey but i can't complain, i finally got to see them right? Anyhow fave moment for me was Under a milky way, just because I was not expecting them to play it so for me that was a bonus.... but Block was fantastic and that snippet of Tantalized….BLISS. The crowd seemed okay around me - more responsive to the hits though as there was a huge cheer for 'under a milky way'’.

Regarding Steve's rants - hardly rants compared to Bono :wink: hmmm first one before Under a milky way was mentioning how it had featured in a scene of a medical/comedy tv program, he was describing the scene ....sorry can't remember it all as i think thats when i was telling you that i'd need to ring you back. As for the second rant he was introducing Block and talking about living in Sydney, giving it a glowing tourist report ... nothing like a bit of city rivalry with a few suggestions thrown in by the crowd around me. Steve seemed really serious and intense – Peter looked like he didn’t want to be there but Marty looked like he was having fun. Oh and let me mention – that is one serious beard he has :wink:

Anyhow – I enjoyed myself but TE I think I’m going to have to come over to the eastern states at some point to catch a show with you - that was just a sampler, i need to experience the real deal now. Thanks for encouraging me to go though - it was worth every cent!!!

:yippie: :hug:

I know I'm crazy, but I'm just so over the moon that you FINALLY got to see the guys perform ... I know 45 minutes is not enough - but, heck, 2 hours sometimes not enough either :drool: Coz, y'know, I'm just a greedy Church fan, haha!

Damn you Chris Isaak!!! *shakes fist* :mad: :wink:

Honest, I really felt like I was there, listening in on the phone :wink: When U2Bliss was saying, ooooh! I think they're about to come on stage, I was just bouncing around in anticipation, as if I were standing right next to you!

Don't worry 'Bliss, I plan to MAKE you come over one of these days to see a full and proper Church gig, whenever we are lucky enough to see them again!!!

I'm soooooooo pleased that you enjoyed the little 'sampler' anyway!

Oh, and you should of mentioned the bit about SK talking about UTMW being played on that telly show, at the point of the tv doctor feeling the patients breasts .. that was funny :lol:

Finally got around to replying...it's been a strange couple of weeks.

Glad you got to see them U2Bliss -- 45 min is definitely NOT long enough, but I'd certainly take it now. They are working on a new album so they should be doing full shows sometime relatively soon (I just hope the little bastards come here too :grumpy: ). Apparently Marty has to tune his guitar before Milky Way, so Steve generally does some long rambling intro to it. Depending on his mood it can be pretty wild. The one he did in Chicago a couple of years ago was great -- Marty finished tuning and was just standing there listening to the tale with the biggest grin on his face. Finally SK stopped and asked MWP if he'd finished. Marty said "I just wanted to hear the rest of the story!" (or something along those lines) Those two were like a freaking comedy act that night. ...and then there's Peter.... Sigh. I know Peter isn't doing it for the big bucks (it's the Church -- there aren't any big bucks :D ) but damn the guy always looks as if someone shit in his cheerios when he's playing. I find watching him a real downer, so if I'm up front (which I aim for most of the time) I situate myself between Steve and Marty. I have a lot better time that way. Hell, even when Marty's pissed off he's more fun to watch than PK.

Annnnnddd, for your viewing pleasure I now link you to the first video for The Unguarded Moment . This is the video SK desperately did not want anyone to EVER see!! :yikes: (I can't imagine any of the others wanted it out there either) If you read Steve's blog yesterday you already know about this, but if you haven't seen it, it's well worth it -- just for the WTF??? factor. :yikes:

Last edited:
Ah, the Unguarded Moment! I'll have to watch that when I'm not at work :shifty: but funny you should mention that. Last week while I was on hols I came across something from the deep, dark past which was most amusing. Indra, something should be popping up hopefully in your inbox soonish... :shh:

Church show!!! Easter Sunday too, so you really can say you went to Church on Easter. Looks kinda pricey (I'm cheap :D ), but the price does include a meal.

FOR THE FIRST TIME @ LIZOTTES, KINCUMBER (Central Coast NSW)
The Church - acoustic show
SUNDAY, 23 March 2008 Book Now
Main Course Meal and Show $99.50 pp
Tasting Plate & Show (Bar Stool Seating Only) $84.50 pp
Bookings: Phone 02 4368 2017 or via their website
http://www.lizottes.com.au/live/

(you have to scroll down quite a way to get to the Church's listing)

:eek: .......

:hmm: ...........

then ... DAMMIT!!! :angry: I remember I'm working the whole Easter weekend!!!!!

Oh well, it was lovely to have a evil-idea plan for a fleeting moment .. haven't had one of those in a little while. Sigh.

Aww.... :sad:

I'm getting all pissy because I haven't had a chance to see them since August of 2006. :grumpy: Still I figure a new album and them doing some shows there might mean we get them here sometime in the next year or so. I hope so anyway....

I started scrolling and got waylaid by Brian's Jazz and Chilli Crab Night! :drool:

Anyway, the Choich. Yeah, too far for me, pity it sounded good.

indra said:
Annnnnddd, for your viewing pleasure I now link you to the first video for The Unguarded Moment . This is the video SK desperately did not want anyone to EVER see!! :yikes: (I can't imagine any of the others wanted it out there either) If you read Steve's blog yesterday you already know about this, but if you haven't seen it, it's well worth it -- just for the WTF??? factor. :yikes:
I forgot to comment on this! Man, they look so pub rock! :D It's no wonder they took drugs! :lol:

He's a link to a clip of Steve doing the Triffids song Stolen Property at the Triffids show/tribute this past weekend. It's a very different style for him -- no wonder he blew out his voice! Pretty cool though. Enjoy! :)

Stolen Property

Back
Top Bottom