The Church: new albums, new tours, cranky old bastards. What's not to love? - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #241
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceEnding View Post
That's awesome ... I'm so glad the power came back on, just in time! Crap, that must of been some windstorm
It was -- hurricane force winds. Gusts over 75 miles per hour. But the sky was clear and sunny, no rain at all, and the weather has been just beautiful since. They don't expect to get everyone's power back until Sunday or even Monday.

Quote:
"A SONG about nothing and the band didn't really like it." That's pretty funny That is so brilliant though - such an honour!

Y'know, when Painkiller first arrived, I didn't want to even open it up out of it's plastic packaging! It looked so beautiful, I really did spend some time just staring at the artwork ... the back cover especially seems almost hypnotic! But .. once I started listening to it, I haven't been able to stop! Yeah, I wasn't really thinking what it was going to be or sound like ... I was just excited to receive it with a totally open mind ... I just think it's amazing Can't wait to hear your thoughts when your copy arrives!
I'm really looking forward to getting it. Maybe sometime next week....

Old 09-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #242
ONE
love, blood, life

So tonight I had the choice of watching the first presidential debate or listening to Painkiller. What to do, what to do...?

HA! As if there was any contest. Of course, I listened to Painkiller. I figured I would get a lot more out of it than I would out of the debate.

(It actually arrived Monday, but when I tried to listen to it my power went out for several hours so I went to bed and gave it another try a couple of days later.)

Old 09-27-2008, 07:36 AM   #243
Refugee

Local Time: 12:17 AM
so .............!?!?!??!?!?!

whaddya think!!!!! I'm so glad it finally arrived!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #244
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
So tonight I had the choice of watching the first presidential debate or listening to Painkiller. What to do, what to do...?

Good choice. (No matter what Painkiller sounded like)
Old 09-28-2008, 04:31 AM   #245
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
so .............!?!?!??!?!?!

whaddya think!!!!! I'm so glad it finally arrived!
I'm enjoying it a lot -- playing it a lot too. I'm trying not to think too much about each song, but just let them play and enjoy. It's definitely a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonosSaint View Post
Good choice. (No matter what Painkiller sounded like)
Yeah, I thought so too. I mean it's not as if I was listening to recordings of thunderstorms and whale calls. ...oh...wait...

I'm not quite sure why there are thunderstorms and whale calls on Painkiller, but there are. I just nod my head knowingly.

(I might watch the Veep debate though -- it has great potential to be absolutely amazing. )
Old 09-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:47 PM
Well i spent last night in front of the telly (it's always a good idea not to go to the pub on Grand Final night ) and I watched Great Australian Albums with Powderfinger. And seriously, if Powderfuckinfinger can get their meh album featured, then SK can agree to having Starfish on. Particularly now that UTMW is the best Australian song of all time (did I enjoy reading my Weekend Australian when that article appeared )
Old 10-01-2008, 06:41 AM   #247
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
Well i spent last night in front of the telly (it's always a good idea not to go to the pub on Grand Final night ) and I watched Great Australian Albums with Powderfinger. And seriously, if Powderfuckinfinger can get their meh album featured, then SK can agree to having Starfish on. Particularly now that UTMW is the best Australian song of all time (did I enjoy reading my Weekend Australian when that article appeared )
I know, SK can be a stubborn shit. However...the band just did this swanky corporate gig -- the David Jones American Express card launch -- and SK seems to have actually enjoyed it. He even wrote "well i kinda hadda good time" !!! Holy shit! It's a miracle!! So maybe they will be more willing to do some of these other things. Sometimes I think for smart guys they are mighty slow learners.

Another lovely tidbit from SK's blog today: "start up costs for next u.s. tour"

YES!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:16 AM   #248
ONE
love, blood, life

Well here's something I never thought I'd see -- The Church in Vogue. The online version of Australian Vogue.

Here's the page.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 AM   #249
Refugee

You know, something really strange happened this morning! I picked up a copy of Vogue magazine (which I haven't bought in aaaages!!) at the newsagency .. it was really weird, like I was so drawn to it!

Then .. later on this afternoon, I read TTB blog again, and saw that Vogue online link thingy .. spooky!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #250
ONE
love, blood, life

^

Does anyone else think the radiotronics on Painkiller sometimes sound suspiciously like a wobble board? It's like some alternate universe where Steve Kilbey and Rolf Harris have merged briefly.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #251
Refugee

Old 10-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #252
Refugee

When I first listened to 'Oneone', I was thinking that Steve was whispering 'Melissa' around the 3 min mark .... but he's really saying 'well, listen'

still, it sounded funny at first
Old 10-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #253
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indra View Post
Well here's something I never thought I'd see -- The Church in Vogue. The online version of Australian Vogue.

Here's the page.
That's hysterical!!!! They really are an ornery bunch of bastards, aren't they???

But what the hell's happened to MWP. Did he just crawl out of the desert, he's looking mighty, well, hairy....
Old 10-08-2008, 05:48 AM   #254
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
When I first listened to 'Oneone', I was thinking that Steve was whispering 'Melissa' around the 3 min mark .... but he's really saying 'well, listen'

still, it sounded funny at first
It does sound like he's saying Melissa! You know SL often says his songs mean what listeners want them to mean, so....hey, Melissa it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
That's hysterical!!!! They really are an ornery bunch of bastards, aren't they???

But what the hell's happened to MWP. Did he just crawl out of the desert, he's looking mighty, well, hairy....
Hence the title of this thread.

He does kinda have that mountain man thing going on. I wonder what made him decide to do that. Maybe he's just to broke to buy razors.

And bless SK -- he yet again saved me from the horror of having to listen to the presidential debates. I'd sent him some stuff and he called to let me know he got it -- just as last night's debate was getting going. He can be a mighty chatty fellow so by the time we finished up, the dastardly thing was over. Good timing, Steve!
Old 10-10-2008, 05:29 AM   #255
Refugee

all that Marty hair will keep him warm for the northern winter

ohhhh noooooo ... I just read on TTB that the Melbourne Painkiller gig in December is cancelled

Maybe this might mean a little mini-holiday up to Sydney for an early Xmas present

Tags
the church