Songs you generally like, despite having the worst intros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The intro to streets is the best part. That's where it generates its magic, and I still feel a bit robbed of the live experience when Bono thought it was acceptable (rather than a blatant act of musical crime) to preach about Africa over it. Album-wise, even when the rest of the song loses a bit in terms of sheer number of times I've heard the damn thing by now, that build of the intro still holds onto its power. Get the fuck out of here with streets having a bad intro.

Last edited:
I suspect he was being sarcastic about Streets and SBS, or at least I sure hope he was.

I like the California intro too :reject:

I can't really think of anything, but every single time I've heard the intro to Take Me Out I've been like "ohhh what is this? Who is this? This fucking roc--oh it's Take Me Out." I honestly think I might like it better than the rest of the song.

I like the California intro too :reject:

I can't really think of anything, but every single time I've heard the intro to Take Me Out I've been like "ohhh what is this? Who is this? This fucking roc--oh it's Take Me Out." I honestly think I might like it better than the rest of the song.
The transition from the intro tot the rest of the song is easily the best part of that track. The rest is indeed underwhelming.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

I don't even know many hip-hopster songs but oddly the first that comes to mind is the piano intro on Eminem's "Lose Yourself." I guess it's not "bad," but for me it's always: okay, okay, that's enough already with the pretty piano -- let's get to the dunk-dunk-DUNK-dunk-dunk-dunk-DUNK-dunk ... :)

Back
Top Bottom