Sigur Rós Párt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That stretch from Olsen Olsen until the end was fantastic. Not that there were any un-fantastic stretches...

I didn't know until just now that there was a new single and that a new album was coming - wasn't expecting it since they just put one out in 2012.

Anyway, LOVE this new track, Brennisteinn. Really interesting to hear them try something a little harder-edged. I think I might like it more than anything on Valtari.

Have fun. They really are that good live.

I hope I'll manage to see them again in the summer.

I'm going to have skip them at Coachella. They're in the middle of the WORST conflict for me!

Phoenix 11:35 p.m. on the (main) Coachella stage
Sigur Rós 11:50 p.m. on the Outdoor stage
Booka Shade 12:00 a.m. in the Gobi tent
New Order 11:35 p.m. in the Mojave tent

Since I'll already be seeing Sigur Ros at the Santa Barbara Bowl the Friday after Coachella, I'm going to skip them at Coachella and then only have to make my Sophie's Choice between Phoenix or New Order . . . and Booka Shade too!

Yeah that's what I would do as well. Phoenix are festival whores, so no biggie if you miss them now.

Have fun, Impy. Will be interested to hear what someone else who's seen them before thinks.

We're obsessed. I see there was an exciting setlist change for Impy's show. Maybe we'll get lucky, too. (Not that I've been unlucky in Sigur Rós love in any way.)

Maybe we'll get lucky, too. (Not that I've been unlucky in Sigur Rós love in any way.)

Lucky we did get. Not only did we get svefn-g-englar
we kinda sorta accidentally met Jónsi and Georg. I mean, we didn't seek this opportunity out but when it presented itself, we seized it.

I don't think I'm allowed to complain about my life at least until next year.

Isn't Jonsi super shy?

Probably but he is used to this by now and was in meet & greet mode. We were a block or so away chilling out on a bench enjoying the beautiful weather, heard a commotion, went to see what was going on. Lo and behold... HG is still recovering.

I'm still thinking about the show I saw. Truly one of the best concerts of my life.

Can't wait to hear that new album.

Agree. I can't help but feel most people who post in B&C would feel the same way if they took a chance (if they have the opportunity, of course).

HG is still recovering.

This continues to be the case.

I came to this thread tonight just to say I cannot WAIT for Kveikur to come out. The songs we heard from that record just will not leave me alone. I'm even tempted to buy one of the creepy-ass Kveikur hoodies from their website to make my friends wonder if I'm okay... that album is gonna be a face-melter!

Their accents make it so much funnier. That dude three from the left sounds so angry.

The interviewer sounds like he looked up the band on Wikipedia five minutes before the interview and listened to one of their songs.

Unfortunately I've done a couple of interviews like this in my time. Usually with 10-year-old kids who've just won an award though.

Unfortunately I've done a couple of interviews like this in my time. Usually with 10-year-old kids who've just won an award though.

castingcouch.jpg

That dude three from the left sounds so angry.

That's Kjartan who left the band. :sad:

Apparently the station was inundated with angry feedback from Icelandic people saying essentially that everyone knows they're painfully shy and if the host had done his homework this could have gone much better.

Makes me even happier that HG and I managed to make Jónsi smile in Phoenix. I overheard one fan ask him why they never played Ára Bátur live and he responded exactly like he did in the last question in the NPR interview, a barely audible "I don't know." Other times, though, he was kind of animated, giving out hugs and laughing, but he clearly had no idea how to respond to one couple who started tearfully sharing personal information about how Sigur Rós' music had helped them through a difficult time. He looked like he really wanted to say and do the right thing but had no idea what that should be. Very sweet people, those guys.

The more I think about it, the gladder I am that we were completely unprepared for running into Jonsi and Georg and hadn't prepared anything big and meaningful to say. Quick photographs, handshakes, and thank yous all around feels right now.

Back
Top Bottom