Sigur Rós Párt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really impressed with this album. For the first time, I feel like I could dance to some Sigur Ros songs. Ísjaki is catchy as hell - it and Yfirborõ were my favorite songs during my first listen.

The first four songs take my breath away. I love everything, though.

English translations of the titles:

Brennisteinn / Brimstone
Hrafntinna / Obsidian
Ísjaki / Iceberg
Yfirborð / Surface
Stormur / Storm
Kveikur / Candlewick
Rafstraumur / Electric Current
Bláþráður / Thin Thread
Var / Was

I'm barely paying attention to this right now, as I'm at work and I can only have on ear-bud in. HOWEVER, as background music (which was what I was looking for), this is fantabulous. I'm truly overjoyed by this mofo.

I really like the Kveikur, Rafstraumur, Bláþráður section. I also love everything, though.

I love that section, too. I'm just more familiar with the first part of the record since they played many of those songs live (plus Kveikur). Rafstraumur and Bláþráður I'm still getting to know.

My CD and LP just arrived. I was hoping the 10" would somehow be included with my preorder but no such luck.

Amoeba sent my set on the 13th and it's not due to be here until the 24th? Wut?

Anyway, after a download snafu this morning the album is now prepped for a post-lunch listen. PUMPED.

I rarely pass judgment after one listen, but this album is the absolute tits.

sigur rós - kveikur live 360

SIGUR RÓS - KVEIKUR LIVE 360
A SPECIAL INTERACTIVE 360° WEBCAST STARTS JUNE 19 20.50 CET (WORLD TIMES)
to celebrate the release of their new album kveikur, sigur rós will play a selection of songs from the record live during a special 360° interactive webcast from dresden, germany. during the show fans will be able to take control of the 360 cameras and watch the show from whichever angle they choose.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130619T2050&p1=314&am=50

Unfortunately this translates to tomorrow afternoon in the US, so we'll all be at work.

English translations of the titles:

Brennisteinn / Brimstone
Hrafntinna / Obsidian
Ísjaki / Iceberg
Yfirborð / Surface
Stormur / Storm
Kveikur / Candlewick
Rafstraumur / Electric Current
Bláþráður / Thin Thread
Var / Was

Hrafntinna kills White Walkers, guys.

Anyone have a chance to watch the webcast today? I was going to try to listen to it at work, but got caught up doing actual work. Friggin' jobs.

I couldn't watch it either. Apparently they aired the whole concert, not just a few songs. :sad:

My only disappointment with the record comes, of course, from having heard the new songs live first, which is probably an annoying thing to say. But I can't help but wish they'd kept Jónsi's full-throated vocals instead of elfing them up in the production, especially on Brennisteinn which had a lot more raw power live.

Very small complaint, though. It's a beautiful record, especially with headphones.

I thought I could wait til I got back to the States to buy a physical copy of this...but I couldn't. So I iTunesed it.

And oh God. Every song is perfect. Every fucking song.

The Rafstraumur / Blapraour combo is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I love that section.

We have not heard from Elfa yet on this album, have we? Y knot????!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom