Sigur Rós Párt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pre-sale for the NYC shows was weird. For the first 10 minutes, I could only find the uber-expensive "platinum" seats. But 10-15 minutes into the presale, normal seats started to pop up. I hope this wasn't a shady way to try to get fans to spend more on the platinum package. This being ticketbastard, I have my doubts.

I tried to buy an uber deluxe seat thinking no one else would so I'd snatch a good seat right away but I was only offered a seat in the back of orchestra (under the mezzanine overhang which I hate) for twice as much as the regular price, so I threw it back thinking I'd get a similar seat at the regular price but never got offered a seat of any kind again even though the interactive seating chart showed plenty of seats available. Really weird.

I'm so glad I saw them on the Kveikur run. That album fucking rules then you get Glosoli, Hoppipola, untitled 8, the "hits", basically, it was so great.

What was so bad about it? I was thinking of going.

its great only if you are dead center and avoid one of the many, many poles in your line of sight.

I saw them previously there and I had the misfortune of getting "seats" in the bleachers in the upper balcony to the right - the view was horrible (I couldn't even see half the stage) and the seats were obviously made for people from a different time - tiny short people. I'm 6 feet tall and there was no leg room at all, I was in physical pain by the end of the night.

I saw The National there more recently and actually got lower floor seating which was better other than poles all over the place...

People wax nostalgic about Massey Hall, I think it's highly overrated to be honest.

Ok, the general sale was seriously stressful. The venue ticketing system crashed at 10AM and for 10 minutes nothing came up.

So I called on the damn telephone, got right through and after clarifying three times that I wanted tickets for Sigur Ros, no not Sweeney Todd, was offered an uber deluxe $180 seat in the back of orchestra. At the very same moment the online system offered 1st row mezzanine which is my dream seat for any show for only $80. Yes, thank you, that's exactly where I sat the first time I ever saw them, in the same theater. :heart:

But guys, the telephone might be the way to go these days.

Last edited:
its great only if you are dead center and avoid one of the many, many poles in your line of sight.

I saw them previously there and I had the misfortune of getting "seats" in the bleachers in the upper balcony to the right - the view was horrible (I couldn't even see half the stage) and the seats were obviously made for people from a different time - tiny short people. I'm 6 feet tall and there was no leg room at all, I was in physical pain by the end of the night.

I saw The National there more recently and actually got lower floor seating which was better other than poles all over the place...

People wax nostalgic about Massey Hall, I think it's highly overrated to be honest.

Ahh yeah, Massey Hall does suck. There are plenty of way better venues around town (Molson Amphitheatre woulda been a cool choice). I misread and thought you were referring to something to do with the concert itself.

Ok, the general sale was seriously stressful. The venue ticketing system crashed at 10AM and for 10 minutes nothing came up.

So I called on the damn telephone, got right through and after clarifying three times that I wanted tickets for Sigur Ros, no not Sweeney Todd, was offered an uber deluxe $180 seat in the back of orchestra. At the very same moment the online system offered 1st row mezzanine which is my dream seat for any show for only $80. Yes, thank you, that's exactly where I sat the first time I ever saw them, in the same theater. :heart:

But guys, the telephone might be the way to go these days.

I was a complete dumb ass and totally spaced it today at work, will have to check if there are any still available for SLC.

I'm so busy, tired and frazzled I had to set an alert on my phone or I'd have forgotten.

This looks pretty cool.

I wish the setlist was slightly longer, but given how long/epic most of their songs are, it's understandable.

Forgot to mention that some friends bought a ticket for me for the SLC show, so I'll be seeing them in the fall.

Are you guys talking about that setlist they posted on Instagram a few days ago? Popplagid is Untitled #8.

today I went to convenience store (in Japan, they're everywhere and they don't look as shabby as ones in the US) and I saw this ad for Fuji Rock Festival which said that Sigur Ros is performing. well i wish i had a ticket for it. i mean, the festival also had Wilco and RHCP in its lineup.

Listened to three of their albums today (Tak through Valtari), been listening to them all week. It's nice to take a brief vacation from some of your favorite music for a while, when you return it's all so wonderful. Their music makes so many emotions in me, they might tug at my heartstrings more than any other band.

Saw them in Budapest last month. Great gig. They replicate and extend on those amazing soundscapes pretty effortlessly, even as a trio.

I'm awake at 3am so I can catch a flight in a few hours so I can see these guys on Monday. Last time I saw them was 8 years ago. I'm excited.

Their show here last week was great. I sometimes have a hard time remembering what song is what, so I'm not even sure which were the new songs. Ha. I should look up the setlist - I think the first song was new, and I liked it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom