Shuttlecock XIX - send $40 now for your opportunity to not get a presale code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
I accept payment by credit card, cheque, PayPal, or unmarked notes in a brown paper bag.

Continue.

When pdf first came out, Ticketmaster used to charge 2 or 3 bucks for it and mailing hard tickets was free back then.
I used to joke with one of my buddies:
"Let's see, pay a few bucks to print the tickets on my paper using my ink and they make lousy keepsakes, or have Ticketmaster print them on their ticket stock with their ink and mail them to me for free and they make good souvenirs, tough choice"

But the practice of charging for them went on for a long time before they finally made it free. Probably a decade give or take.

:lol:

I don't recall that ever happening in Australia. I've always got the PDFs because I'm a cheapskate and I don't trust Australia Post to not lose my tickets.

But don't you understand they're giving you convenience? Therefore they have the right, nay, a duty, to charge you a small $35 fee for this wonderful, earth changing, service.

I presume these kind souls will also ask me to pay a trifling sum for the privilege of paying by credit card, when no other option is available, perhaps say 10% of the total purchase price?

Clearly they should've used a non-binding postal survey to determine who was eligible to purchase tickets.

The second-hand markets are probably worse: I tried to buy something off Stubhub yesterday that was going to slap a 25% fee on the initial cost. That kind of shit is what begs for a competitor to wipe you out.

KgL2jzI.gif

I got my code, but this is a new low point for them. A draw for people that payed $40 for the privilege of trying to buy very expensive tickets. Fuck this.

It looks like there were no GAs for MSG as of 1pm. Ended up getting Uniondale GAs. A bit more of a hassle to get there, but it's a Saturday night concert.

So it looks like it was never showing me the Innocence presale, only fan packages. And now that it is showing me Innocence there are just no tickets available.

So it looks like it was never showing me the Innocence presale, only fan packages. And now that it is showing me Innocence there are just no tickets available.

I'd say hold your code for an added LA show, there's bound to be one and the presale competition should be far less and you should hopefully score GA's then.

Also keep checking the page from time to time as sometimes new tix magically appear (Ticketmaster is run by elves)

Yeah, that sounds like the best plan to me. I'll just try general at this point. The whole site was effed up I'm now seeing. Now I'm seeing all kinds of tickets for much more realistic prices.

I don't see how there won't be added shows.

I work in Capital One Arena. The venue calendar has a block on the night after the scheduled U2 show. I have to assume that's a hold for a second show. Could it be that they're holding it for another act? Sure. But I doubt it.

They also have the arena reserved from noon on the day before for load in, to give an idea as to how long it takes to get this stage put together.

Yeah, that sounds like the best plan to me. I'll just try general at this point. The whole site was effed up I'm now seeing. Now I'm seeing all kinds of tickets for much more realistic prices.

Yeah. The innocence group only appeared for me after 1pm. But based on the messages I was getting I doubt there were any GAs on sale today.

Looks like a spoke to soon and did get my presale codes. Weird that it started at 1 p.m. EST.

No GA for MSG so to get two tickets, I just dropped nearly $300 for Section 221. I dropped the same amount for seats behind the soundboard in the 100s on Vertigo tour.

If these are the prices we’re going to see going forward, this will likely be my last U2 tour. No way can I afford or justify this, especially given how lukewarm I am on the new songs so far.

Headache - I think you are a LI guy. How is this Uniondale arena? I assume it must be a nightmare to get to on a concert night?

Look at the tour schedule. Every city with a gap of three nights or more after it is getting a second show (unless sales tank). That's pretty much everywhere, excepting Tulsa, St Louis, and Nashville.

Clearly they should've used a non-binding postal survey to determine who was eligible to purchase tickets.

:lol:

Headache - I think you are a LI guy. How is this Uniondale arena? I assume it must be a nightmare to get to on a concert night?
Grew up there, but haven't lived there since 2009. Still have family there, though.

It's the redone Nassau Coliseum. I haven't been since they redid it, but I hear they did a terrific job.

Basically they did to the Coliseum what they did to the Forum in LA - shrunk it down and made it more conducive to concerts.

There's zero mass transit near by though, and limited bar/restaurant options within walking distance... unless they upgraded some of the Hofstra bars with the revamp. (it's right next to Hofstra).

If you know the area at all... Get off the northern state onto Glen cove road and take it down to Stewart Ave, loop behind Mitchel Field on Roosevelt and you'll come in to the Coliseum on the back end.

Everyone and their mother takes the Meadowbrook to Hempstead Turnpike, so the traffic is a nightmare

Last edited:
Grew up there, but haven't lived there since 2009. Still have family there, though.

It's the redone Nassau Coliseum. I haven't been since they redid it, but I hear they did a terrific job.

Basically they did to the Coliseum what they did to the Forum in LA - shrunk it down and made it more conducive to concerts.

There's zero mass transit near by though, and limited bar/restaurant options within walking distance... unless they upgraded some of the Hofstra bars with the revamp. (it's right next to Hofstra).

If you know the area at all... Get off the northern state onto Glen cove road and take it down to Stewart Ave, loop behind Mitchel Field on Roosevelt and you'll come in to the Coliseum on the back end.

Everyone and their mother takes the Meadowbrook to Hempstead Turnpike, so the traffic is a nightmare

Thanks! I'm bookmarking this post for next June. I have only been to the area a couple of times, so this will be helpful.

MSG would be simpler, but at least it's Saturday. Should be ok to get there from Brooklyn.

Thanks! I'm bookmarking this post for next June. I have only been to the area a couple of times, so this will be helpful.

MSG would be simpler, but at least it's Saturday. Should be ok to get there from Brooklyn.
Put it this way... I lived in Mineola for a hot second in 2009, which is a few towns over. Got a less than face value Springsteen ticket 40 minutes before show time, and by going the back way and avoiding the Meadowbrook was in the arena with 20 minutes to spare.

someone in the tour forum was on the phone with ticketmaster complaining about availability/codes etc and the person on the phone told them to hold off on canceling their fanclub membership right away because there were going to be more shows added on the 20th.

this is second hand hearsay apparently coming from a low level call center employee so who knows how true it really is, but if you missed out this round on the seats you want you might have another shot in a few days.

I really cannot be fucked reading about all of this, can someone explain why everyone's so pissed off.

Also, apropos of nothing, who amongst us here has been temporarily banned from the forum? I just was, and Laz was back in May

The biggest reason is that it turns out that even subscribers were put into a lottery to get a code. So people paid 40/50 for the CHANCE to get a code. And nowhere in the fine print was this made clear.

That's the main thing. Then other fuckery about no (?) GAs being available for the second group presale today.

But mainly the first.

Also, apropos of nothing, who amongst us here has been temporarily banned from the forum? I just was, and Laz was back in May

I think I've had two. I was banned from the tour section for a week in 2005-06 for having a go at the mods. And then last year I called a now-banned fascist a fascist and that earned me a three-day holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom