Shuttlecock XI: Yes Virginia, You Did Save Bono's Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Missed opportunity for them to ask why it hasn't been played yet in the first place, or asking Bono why Stay doesn't get played more often if he loves it so much.

I don't think those would be overly critical questions.

They all listed their three favorite U2 songs.

Bono: Miss Sarajevo, Stay, Every Breaking Wave
Edge: Running to Stand Still, Until the End of the World, Streets
Adam: Heartland, Moment of Surrender, and I can't remember the other.
Larry: (the most fun to play) Cedarwood Road, One, Sunday Bloody Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Nice, Edge and Adam, nice.

As per usual Larry's opinion is the worst.

image-jpg.36882

The problem with the U2 podcast if you are a diehard is that they're fans but they're not diehards. They get a decent number of facts wrong and they'll randomly throw out an opinion like "The Fly isn't a song, just some sounds."

It's a bit dickish to criticize their personal opinions on the bands music, they're clearly huge fans going back a long time.

Besides, they have such solid taste in films. Films like THE GODFATHER or APOCALYPSE NOW.

And I was impressed Scott pulled out Mercy one episode, although I don't think Scott had heard of it before.

Well it's odd to me that they would spend so much time talking about the band and NOT be diehards.

If they were talking about the original Mercy, they're certainly tapped into the diehard fan base in some way.

As per usual Larry's opinion is the worst.
it's the worst in a laughable and unsurprising way. of course he picks three of the easiest to play songs. i'm surprised he didn't just pick stuff like mlk and fourth of july.

adam's opinion wins just based off of his inclusion of heartland.

My takeaways from that podcast

- Bono fucking sucks
- Larry was actually funny at points, talking about how he has to sit there while people take photos and have conversations while the band can move, and how he loves School of Rock, which is a great movie, and podcasts of all their videos and DVDs
- But then his song choices were boring as hell
- I was pretty annoyed when they were talking about the Black Lives Matter movement and how there's no protest songs aside from Prince, which is such garbage and completely ignores hip-hop
- "You get confidence from having a big dick"
- IF STAY IS YOUR GODDAMN FAVOURITE SONG WHY DON'T YOU PLAY IT
- YOU SAID YOUR FAVOURITE SONG IS RUNNING TO STAND STILL SO PLAY IT
- LET ADAM MAKE ALL OF YOUR DECISIONS FROM NOW ON

So aside from some frustrations I did enjoy that quite a bit. The postscript is quite enjoyable, listening to them talk about how overexcited Bono was :lol:

Larry didn't use to suck this bad, I think. I remember some sort of global radio interview thing (well fucking JJJ broadcast it) when POP had just come out.

Larry said The Playboy Mansion was his favourite of the (then) new songs.

Maybe one of us should step up to the plate and write the band a letter about their opinions. They might just not realize that just because they're in one of the biggest rock bands of all time doesn't give them the right to have whatever opinion they want about their own music.

Maybe one of us should step up to the plate and write the band a letter about their opinions. They might just not realize that just because they're in one of the biggest rock bands of all time doesn't give them the right to have whatever opinion they want about their own music.

"Dear Mr. Bone-O and Mr. Egg,

Please play Acrobat, A Sort of Homecoming and Like a Song. All of us Die Hard fans don't want to hear the songs other less cool people want to hear, and since we like Bruce Willis' movies please cater to us. Also Larry Melmans is so hot.

Sincerely,

Your Biggest and Bestest Fans in the World
The Interferers"

Adam, as I recall, has made some of the worst, most conservative decisions of all for the band recently, has he not?

KUEFC09U2, is that you??

Last edited:

Please play Acrobat, A Sort of Homecoming and Like a Song. All of us Die Hard fans don't want to hear the songs other less cool people want to hear, and since we like Bruce Willis' movies please cater to us. Also Larry Melmans is so hot.

Sincerely,

The Interferers"

:lol:

Sincerely,

The Interferers"

PS: Show us Adam's sexy ass

Sincerely,

Meow

They get a decent number of facts wrong and they'll randomly throw out an opinion like "The Fly isn't a song, just some sounds."

I've always thought shit like that was part of the joke though. Like, they're clearly over the top fan boys but they create their own version of it sortof.

I know someone who disses them and says they can't real fans because they call the band "the lads from Liverpool" - I mean, clearly, they're joking when they say that. Possibly not very funny, sure, but still, they're not serious.

I guess a notion that they necessarily have to have their facts straight all the time kinda puzzles me too. Like, is there a test to be a "real" U2 fan? Isn't that very label what we (in this thread especially) typically make fun of? They self-identify as massive fans and have devoted a crazy amount of time to discussing the band (however unfactually, unfunnily, whatever).

Just feel like it's pretty cool that two famous people have this same addiction as we do. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom