Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Human Clay

mqdefault.jpg

I recall quite enjoying I'm With You and there are elements to this new song that are appealing, but I just can't get excited about anything RHCP without Frusciante. Keidis has long been the weakest link the band and Flea and Chad Smith aren't enough to save them, even if Klinghoffer is doing his best. And it just sounds like there's not much at stake for RHCP anymore. Take Dark Necessities; the first 45 seconds are pretty exciting, then they take what amounts to Flea-Bass-Line from Garage Band and it just meanders to nowhere.

I think the Peppers have been very lucky to keep their "alternative" edge, cred, etc... It's the only thing that keeps them getting some airplay.

If I'm being honest, my reaction to Dark Necessities was pretty much how i felt with Invisible at first listen... Yep, that's them. pretty standard... Kind of played out.

After hearing the producers they were working with, i guess i hoped for more. I think at some point Anthony's vocals are so predictable, that it takes away from any type of musical progression.
I know many say the same about Bono, but I think it's more pronounced with Kiedis

That was not my point at all. I'm ambivalent to that song. He was making fun of the song's lyrics, so I was just having some fun with it.

Anyway, this thread is 9 years old! We used to use a lot of smilies back then.

Listening to the title track now....

It has a female on backing vocals. But I'm reading it might be Josh Klinghoffer...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Well the new song/title track is immensely hated in the comment section of that video. Not a good sign, I think.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Well the new song/title track is immensely hated in the comment section of that video. Not a good sign, I think.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yes, the YouTube comment section is where all the sane people hang out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It is. I always base my opinion on YouTube comment sections.

That's why I hate Miami.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom