Random Music Talk CV: The Human Fund - Money for Leo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the Grammys actually follow their own formula (the ability to play an instrument + lack of controversy + moderate-to-high commercial appeal = shitloads of awards), I don't see how D'Angelo's new album doesn't get an AOTY nomination next year. By then he'll have been in the industry 20 years and came out of nowhere to release an album everybody loved. He's won his share of Grammys in the past as well.

He'll lose to Taylor Swift and the white privilege debate will start all over again.

What did Kanye do exactly? I thought he only pretended to do the same thing he did a few years ago, as a joke. That's what I heard on the radio this morning.

At an afterparty, Kanye said that Beck should have respected true artistry and given his award to Beyonce.

Okay, I just saw the video. So it actually wasn't a joke. :lol: Kanye has taken silent protesting to a whole new level.

Bey's (I'm calling her that because I don't like writing her name without the accent on the e at the end and I can't be bothered copying pasting it) album was released in 2013

If you're using a Mac, the acute is easy: hold down option and E at the same time, then strike E again.

If you're not using a Mac, I'm sorry.

How good is Peacebone? I'm going to listen to all the Animal Collective records pre MPP. It's started off well.

Okay, cool. Thanks for letting me know.

(Any criticisms I'd have with that thought, like how dumb it is that the Grammy's don't stick strictly to calendar years, or finding the balance between quality of the album and cultural impact, are problems with the institution rather than with you.)

Yeah Liam the Grammys time frames are stupid. No arguments there!

If the Grammys actually follow their own formula (the ability to play an instrument + lack of controversy + moderate-to-high commercial appeal = shitloads of awards), I don't see how D'Angelo's new album doesn't get an AOTY nomination next year. By then he'll have been in the industry 20 years and came out of nowhere to release an album everybody loved. He's won his share of Grammys in the past as well.

He'll lose to Taylor Swift and the white privilege debate will start all over again.

You should have seen the debates that were caused by people trying to get Taylor Swift into the Hottest 100. It was literally like three weeks of intense debate. It was fucking ridiculous. If that happens the internet might explode.

If you're using a Mac, the acute is easy: hold down option and E at the same time, then strike E again.

If you're not using a Mac, I'm sorry.

Well, this has changed my life.

It would have given me plenty of joy to see you defend Kanye like a fanboy psycopath against last unicorn and the rest of the team.

I think I might start right now... :wink:

When the Geammy nominations came out, I was genuinely surprised that Lost in the Dream wasn't nominated for Album of the Year. Then I went back to not giving a shit about the Grammys.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Flying Lotus put out one of the most innovative, genre-bending albums I've heard in years and he didn't get anything close to a nomination. They're a joke.

Although I'd have loved Mark Kozelek to tell us his thoughts on the Grammys through an eight-minute song accompanied by pinched acoustic guitar.

Ohhh fuck man :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Ye needs to man up and apologize so we can get a collab going.

As an aside, I can only imagine how thrilled Beck must have been to be on the same stage as Prince. Anyone who's heard Midnite Vultures knows that's his (and yours and mine) hero.

Last edited:
The saddest thing about all this Kanye crap is that he still thinks these stupid awards matter. Such a tiny, pathetic clown.

As an aside, I can only imagine how thrilled Beck must have been to be on the same stage as Prince. Anyone who's heard Midnite Vultures knows that's his (and yours and mine) hero.

I kept thinking of the same thing when he was up there shaking Prince's hand. It was somewhat awkward, but I think Beck may have been a bit star-struck.

Dear New England Winter,

I appreciate the snow over the shitty "wintry mix" we normally get, but I'm honestly running out of room to put it.

Dear Utah Winter,

Thank you for being so awesome.

We've been in the mid 60s all last week and it's supposed to hit 70 on Saturday. This may go down as our warmest winter on record

Dear New England Winter,

I appreciate the snow over the shitty "wintry mix" we normally get, but I'm honestly running out of room to put it.

No kidding. I think I did some real damage to my shoulder yesterday throwing snow onto piles that are well above my head. And its not going to stop here until tomorrow morning.
Boston set the record for its snowiest 30 day period ever this morning at 61", but that is over only the last 17 days, with 20-24 hours more straight snow still coming down. (Not to mention another storm Thursday and 2 more on the horizon next week)

Global warming my ass, FU Al Gore.

Dear New England Winter,

No kidding. I think I did some real damage to my shoulder yesterday throwing snow onto piles that are well above my head. And its not going to stop here until tomorrow morning.
Boston set the record for its snowiest 30 day period ever this morning at 61", but that is over only the last 17 days, with 20-24 hours more straight snow still coming down. (Not to mention another storm Thursday and 2 more on the horizon next week)

Global warming my ass, FU Al Gore.

Pussies.

I'm getting sick of artists thinking they need to agree with the bullies of the industry, though. No, Beck, you won, you deserved it, you need to just accept that. The whole Macklemore thing from last year where he felt guilted into going into that whole rant about Kendrick? That was pathetic too. Take you're fucking award and go home.

Though it does seem like Beck's response was a little less in the same tone as Macklemore's and more just a "Beyonce's awesome! Let's give Beyonce ALL the trophies!"

The thing I don't get about Kanye is why everyone keeps taking his bait. He says some inflammatory shit or other at every one of these events. That's perfectly within his rights - as a Morrissey fan I would be hypocritical to say otherwise - but I don't get why it has to be news-worthy every time he opens his mouth.

Future Islands sounds like an indie pop band that the lead singer of Trust decided to hang out with. I love it. Glad I didn't hear this until today, and that Cobbler already locked up his 2014 thread, because I would be tempted to do something irrational, if otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom