Radiohead Discussion Thread Part II - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #361
45:33

Local Time: 03:59 PM
well that's mostly the fault of Kiedis in my opinion

Old 02-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #362
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Yes, but he's willingly in one of the worst popular bands of all time, and has contributed extensively to one of the worst not-so-popular bands of all time, The Mars Volta. I love that somebody can be confused about that, too--"I mean, why does he get so much shit? I know he's in a terrible band, but it's mostly the singer's fault!" Brilliant.

He's hardly going to ruin a show, or anything. He can play bass, can't write songs, and acts like a fucking idiot. He's well within he rights, and Back to the Future II was too long ago for me still to hold that over his head. I just need someone to hate on, so that I can blow off steam on account of the flamboyantly overpriced tickets. He's easy, as I already hate him.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #363
Blue Crack Addict

Three new Thom songs!

YouTube - Thom Yorke - The Daily Mail (Live at Cambridge Corn Exchange)
YouTube - Thom Yorke - Give Up The Ghost (Live at Cambridge Corn Exchange)
YouTube - Thom Yorke - Mouse Dog Bird (Live at Cambridge Corn Exchange)
Old 02-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #364
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I enjoy "Mouse Dog Bird" with no reservations. The other two sounded a bit less polished/practiced, but still largely agreeable.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #365
Blue Crack Addict

I quite liked "The Daily Mail." And his introduction to the song was entertaining, too.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #366
45:33

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
Yes, but he's willingly in one of the worst popular bands of all time, and has contributed extensively to one of the worst not-so-popular bands of all time, The Mars Volta. I love that somebody can be confused about that, too--"I mean, why does he get so much shit? I know he's in a terrible band, but it's mostly the singer's fault!" Brilliant.

He's hardly going to ruin a show, or anything. He can play bass, can't write songs, and acts like a fucking idiot. He's well within he rights, and Back to the Future II was too long ago for me still to hold that over his head. I just need someone to hate on, so that I can blow off steam on account of the flamboyantly overpriced tickets. He's easy, as I already hate him.
each to their own. i've always liked Flea, the RHCP, and The Mars Volta have a number of songs which i actively enjoy.

here's a song of his, which i think is pretty damn great.

YouTube - Flea - I've been down

but this is a Radiohead thread, so i'll stop.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #367
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 11:59 PM
I enjoyed the new songs. GAF, thank you for posting the videos.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #368
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:59 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase odds of scoring tickets for the upcoming TYorke/Atoms show in New York? I know that they go on sale through waste on March 2, but I've never purchased show tickets through waste before. Anything special I need to know? Thanks.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #369
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well, your best bet is hitting refresh every so often. Plan a sleep schedule around it (I had a friend who was awake when I was asleep and vice versa). Last time it was something around 6 or 7 AM CST, so close to noon GMT.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #370
Blue Meth Addict

Maquiladora is still awesome.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #371
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Well, your best bet is hitting refresh every so often. Plan a sleep schedule around it (I had a friend who was awake when I was asleep and vice versa). Last time it was something around 6 or 7 AM CST, so close to noon GMT.
Thanks. Noon GMT will be 7 am on the US east coast for me on Tuesday. I have jury duty of all things that day, and I have to be at the courthouse at 8 am. Some unlucky chap is going to the electric chair if I don't get tickets.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #372
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well, don't take the noon GMT thing as gospel. The tickets could pop up at any time. Was just relaying what happened for the tour behind In Rainbows.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #373
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:59 PM
Knuckles, did you score the tix? After all that, they ended up going on sale at a normal 10:01-10:02! I got very lucky and got a pair to the second NYC show, very excited!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #374
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Artist View Post
Knuckles, did you score the tix? After all that, they ended up going on sale at a normal 10:01-10:02! I got very lucky and got a pair to the second NYC show, very excited!
Congratulations on your success. I wasn't as lucky. I was checking the site from my phone every few minutes since I woke up today. At 10 am it said the sale time still had not been determined. I checked a minute later and got the same message. By 10:02, I checked again and it said "on sale now", but that the allocation had been exhausted. So I guess the sold out in a minute or less. Too bad. I'm sure there were very few tickets available. Enjoy the show!

(PS to any concerned. I had jury duty today, but no one got "the chair". It was a felony burglary case. The defendant allegedly burglarized a local courthouse twice, and stole money from the clerk's office. That's one gutsy guy. The prosecutor ejected me from the panel during selection.)
Old 03-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #375
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Got two tickets to the second Chicago show. At a laughable $60 a pop, that's all I need.

Tags
radiohead