New Manic Street Preachers Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the blowout at the end... i love his singing. he's got just this powerful voice.

what are the lyrics anyway? i can't find them anywhere.

"Tonight we beg
Tonight we beg the question
If a married man
A married man fucks a Catholic
And his wife dies without knowing
Does it make him unfaithful people?

Oh mummy, what's a sex pistol?
(repeat 3x)

Tonight we beg
Tonight we beg the question
If a married man
A married fucks a Catholic
Does it mean he has gone to choose??
Or does it mean you owe her nothing?

Oh mummy, what's a sex pistol?
(repeat 3x)

A situation with his sister who is outta control
It separates us with questions in our home
(repeat)"

The ending of the song definitely saves it but I have a hard time getting past the first 2 verses

The guardian article you posted was really good, I have to say. Interesting to see that James was the one so adamant about doing it. But as you said about his voice, which I do always love, it is powerful and I think Richey's lyrics bring that out, even if they haven't parsed out the meaning. He goes places vocally that he doesn't always go on this album, which is great. I honestly don't think his voice has aged a day.

As for the Jackie Collins lyrics, there are some fun and clever moments, but nothing tremendous. I think there are some better moments on the album, though the performance of the song is enough to make it one of my favorites.

Mmmmmm I like Journal For Plague Lovers
Peeled Apples, Marlon J.D., All Is Vanity, Virginia State Epileptic Colony and the title track would be my favs...
Probably a top 5 album of 2009 for me so far

Hopefully I can find this soon so I can finally hear the damn thing, as I'm officially hyped for it.

Will Graywhale have it?

I used the non-u2popmofo approved way of getting the album, but would still like to buy it

I still haven't heard it. :down: :angry: :( One of my friends imported it from amazon, but they have run out of stock and he still doesn't have his copy. So I haven't ordered it from them, and I'm not gonna download it illegally.

I'm not sure where to get it at this point, and would be open to suggestions.

this is my album of the year thus far.

absolutely stellar. i just sort of "got it" one track at a time. brilliant stuff.

Will Graywhale have it?

I used the non-u2popmofo approved way of getting the album, but would still like to buy it

None of their stores received it, I've already asked. :wink:

I found the last album at Slowtrain in SLC, so maybe they'll get an import copy. I just never seem to make it up to their store any more, I've gotten lazy since a Graywhale opened up here.

Importing directly from Amazon UK, or one of Amazon's random "import sellers" rather than normal Amazon has been pretty successful for me in the past. I'll probably end up doing that.

Just got back from their gig in Camden at the Roundhouse. Great concert. 2 sets, the first being the new album in full followed by a set of hits. The new stuff sounded great, but Williams Last Words sung by Nicky still bores me. Little Baby Nothing was the song of the night for me. Setlist below:

Peeled Apples
Jackie Collins Existential Question Time
Me and Stephen Hawking
This Joke Sport Severed
Journal for Plague Lovers
She Bathed Herself in a Bath of Bleach
Facing Page: Top Left (Acoustic)
Marlon J.D.
Doors Closing Slowly
All Is Vanity
Pretension/Repulsion
Virginia State Epileptic Colony
William’s Last Words
=====
Motorcycle Emptiness
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
No Surface All Feeling
You Love Us
Tsunami
La Tristesse Durera
Faster
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
Little Baby Nothing
Australia
You Stole The Sun From My Heart
Motown Junk
Everything Must Go
Autumnsong
A Design For Life

Holy crapoli.

Pitchfork: Manic Street Preachers Hit Our Shores

Doubting I'll be able to make it to any of the shows with all the other traveling going on then, but it's still cool they're finally coming back to North America.

I still haven't seen the album in any stores (and thus haven't heard it), but it looks like its getting a North America release on Sept. 15th!

:hyper:

http://oohbrilliant.com/artist/manics/ (The link doesn't work anymore but the info is legitimate)

The album will be out: 16th September
The single ('Show Me The Wonder') will be out: 9th September

Tracklisting:
This Sullen Welsh Heart
Show Me The Wonder
Rewind The Film
Builder of Routines
4 Lonely Roads
(I Miss The) Tokyo Skyline
Anthem For A Lost Cause
As Holy As The Soil (That Buries Your Skin)
3 Ways To See Despair
Running Out Of Fantasy
Manorbier
30 Year War

---

You can already buy the song Rewind the Film from Amazon, it's got Richard Hawley on guest vocals and it's very good.

Try iTunes, they've got the whole deluxe version available to preorder and the song can be bought separately.

Cobbz would do something like listen to this album before any of their others.

Vintage Cobbler would listen to Know Your Enemy or Gold Against the Soul first.

Yeah, I probably didn't need to watch that at 8:30 a.m. I like the song, but I really just want to hear James sing.

Nothing on iTunes for this record in the U.S. at the moment. I guess that means I've got plenty of time to actually listen to Postcards from a Young Man before this one comes out. I think I listened to it once, decided I didn't like it, and never went back to it. :reject:

And cobbler, like the Wu Tang Clan, the Manic Street Preachers ain't nuttin to fuck with. Their record The Holy Bible is considered one of the greatest rock albums ever recorded. They're definitely worth checking out (though The Holy Bible might not be the best place to start), and everyone in this thread could give you some suggestions if you wanted to give them a listen.

I actually never bought the last album. Not sure why. :huh:

The Holy Bible is awesome, Cobbz.

Cobblestone should start with either Everything Must Go or Send Away the Tigers, the former because it is a masterpiece/classic and the latter because it's probably their most accessible.

Maybe there needs to be a Manics listening thread like the one there was for Depeche Mode.

Cobblestone should start with either Everything Must Go or Send Away the Tigers, the former because it is a masterpiece/classic and the latter because it's probably their most accessible.

Maybe there needs to be a Manics listening thread like the one there was for Depeche Mode.

Completely agree.
Send Away the Tigers was on constant rotation in my car for months.
:heart:

Back
Top Bottom