Name the album you just bought, part 87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R.E.M. - Live At The Olympia, Dublin (2cd+DVD)
Editors - In This Light and On This Evening
AFI - Crash Love

How is this? I saw it at Target for $15 today; thinking about getting it.

Awesome! I'm admittedly a huge R.E.M. fan, and already had all of these shows on bootlegs, but I think its great. The sound quality is excellent. R.E.M are a great live band and a lot of Mike Mills harmonizing really comes through in the live setting.

They pulled a ton of rare stuff from Chronic Town, Murmur, Reckoning and Fables and played it at these shows. Some of the songs having not been played live in 20+ years. Some of the the maybe lesser known early tracks that stand out are Harborcoat, Pretty Persuasion, Sitting Still, Wolves Lower, Carnival of Sorts, Gardening At Night, 1000000, Letter Never Sent, Maps and Legends and Feeling Gravity's Pull.

You also get some great tracks from Pageant and Document: These Days, Cuyahoga, Welcome To The Occupation and Disturbance At The Heron House. They even throw on Romance, which only appeared on 1988's Eponymous best of. Also there's a couple of great tracks that didn't make the latest album: "Staring Down The Barrel of the Middle Distance" and "On The Fly" that make it onto this. I would argue they should have been on Accelerate.

Its also fun to hear some of the new songs in their early stages...Living Well Is The Best Revenge, Houston, and Disguise (Supernatural Superserious) sound noticebly different here than on the album...also theres some lesser heard 90's and 00's stuff like Circus Envy, New Test Leper, I've Been High and Worst Joke Ever...overall a very satisfying selection of songs.

I definitely recommend it, and $15 sounds like a good price. it was $19.99 for the 2cd at my Best Buy and 27.99 for the 2cd+DVD.

A local record shop had a $1 sale today. :drool:

Picked up (all on vinyl):

Jackson 5 - Maybe Tomorrow
Sly and the Family Stone - Stand!
Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Led Zeppelin - IV
Led Zeppelin - II
Crosby, Stills, and Nash - CSN
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young - Deja Vú (my second copy, I'm giving it to a friend)
Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding
Rick James - Street Songs (fuck yeah! :D )
The Who - Who's Next
Duke Ellington and his Orchestra - Ellington Indigos
Neil Young - Harvest

It was a good day for (wo)mankind. :D

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm admittedly a huge R.E.M. fan, and already had all of these shows on bootlegs, but I think its great. The sound quality is excellent.

I have to admit that I don't have this set myself, but what I hear from others the sound quality is far from excellent. Too loud, no dynamics, very little left-right separation.
Just relaying the info... (as it is apparently a nice 'bootleg' souvenir of those rehearsal shows)

CDs:
Boston - Corporate America
Johnny Cash - The Mystery Of Life
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Last DJ

Vinyl:
Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Simon & Garfunkel - Greatest Hits
Yes - Close To The Edge

51gs-EgkBoL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back