Name the album you just bought, part 87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it?

I just made my way through it for the first time, and I think I like it. There are a couple songs that easily stand out from the rest, and the sound overall is a touch different from their last two records. I've heard that other fans are disappointed though, so you'd probably want to preview before buying. I am really enjoying "For What It's Worth," but the title track makes me want to scream. I have to listen to all this repetitive nonsense before the last minute or so where the song finally rocks the F out. That last minute is very worth it though.

So...I have a good feeling about this but can't say for sure yet, especially because it took months and months for some of the songs on Meds to grow on me. I think this record will be the same that way.

Used CD shop yesterday afternoon!

Spoon - Gimme Fiction
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle, Vol. 1
Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine
Black Flag - Damaged
Sleater-Kinney - The Woods

:drool:

And they have a little clothing/random stuff section and they had this cool ass glow in the dark rosary for $1.50 so I bought that shit. I have no idea whether or not I will ever wear it, though.

Thanks. It's only 8 bucks at Best Buy, so I might just pick it up.

It's an enjoyable listen, if nothing else. I liked the lead tracks more than most people, though, so I don't know if that helps you. Brian sounds great, but the music is definitely back to basics. Very little of the electronic embellishment that I've come to love so much in their music. Without that, the sometimes awkward lyrics are much more pronounced. All of that said, it does sound good, and it will probably continue to grow on me. I rarely like Placebo's albums as a whole anyway, so for me to be enjoying this as much as I do, it's impressive.

A few days ago Highway 61 Revisited and now this one. You're on a roll! :up:

I live two blocks from a supercheap used music store. It's bad. The selection is hit or miss, but when it hits it hits. I got BoB for 6 bucks.

Of course, it wasn't the remastered, but I don't care that much.

Sometimes I'd rather hear the original version first anyway.

That said......

REM - 'Murmur Deluxe Edition' 2CDs

:up: It's about damn time. :wink:

All on vinyl (bought my first turntable today!! :hyper: ):

The Beatles - Abbey Road (first pressing)
The Beatles - Revolver
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
The Beatles - Help! 7" single
The Beatles - Hey Jude 7" single
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
The Who - Live at Leeds
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (not the 30th anniversary remaster)
John Lennon - Imagine

:combust:

:up: It's about damn time. :wink:

All on vinyl (bought my first turntable today!! :hyper: ):

The Beatles - Abbey Road (first pressing)
The Beatles - Revolver
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
The Beatles - Help! 7" single
The Beatles - Hey Jude 7" single
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
The Who - Live at Leeds
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (not the 30th anniversary remaster)
John Lennon - Imagine

:combust:

My turntable was destroyed in a flood. :sad: I had to give away sooooo many vinyl records I had accumulated.

I just received my legitimate copy of this album, though I may have had a sort of copy long before I ordered it:
Manic Street Preachers - Journal for Plague Lovers

My turntable was destroyed in a flood. :sad: I had to give away sooooo many vinyl records I had accumulated.

:( Oh no!

Get in your car, drive out to see me, and take away some vinyl.

Today's purchases at Best Buy:

Mos Def--The Ecstatic
Placebo--Battle for the Sun

If I had a car, I'd totally road trip it out there. :drool: Someday...

:up: on The Ecstatic too. Listened to it yet?

It might be a while.

When you do, let me know what you think. :)

More vinyl :crack:

Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly
P.O.S. - Never Better (limited edition clear vinyl)
Black Star - Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star
U2 - 11 'O Clock Tick Tock 7" ( :hyper: )
U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For 7"

Stop spending money on haircuts and get a car!

:lol:

Didn't get a haircut yet, I was musing about the possibility. :wink: And, blah, I have no desire to own a car. I :heart: public transportation. Someday though, I will visit and raid your vinyl collection. :drool:

61P6HRLsckL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I was in a bit of a Nostalgic and patriotic mood. So got Big Country's Steeltown and The Seer cds. Trying to find some Silencers stuff too:drool:

Moar vinyl:

John Coltrane - Blue Train :drool: heavenly so far, had never listened to it before
R.E.M. - Document
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Déja Vu
The Beatles - S/T (The White Album) with the original pictures and lyric sheet/poster :up:
Blind Faith - S/T (Netherlands version, with the controversial cover showing a topless girl holding a spaceship)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom