Name the album you just bought, part 87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer
Sigur Rós - Með suð I eyrum við spilum endalaust

You have chosen wisely, e-friend.

I agree. They're fantastic, especially Mount Zoomer. I meant to buy both albums earlier, but...Wal-Mart has been my record store for the past four months.

It's nice to be living in the city again.

Martha, I read that as "Immoralizer" first, which would also be an awesome name.

51xZM3biZCL._SS500_.jpg

Also preordered the Mogwai - 'Batcat' EP that comes out next week. :rockon:

Guess what just showed up in the mail....... I'll give you a hint, look at my avatar. If I was any more excited, I'd be jumping up and down. Expect to see this in the "what album did you listen to" list in about 40 mins. :wink:

I didn't buy it, but got it as a gift:
dEUS - Vantage Point

I'm on a minor dEUS kick again since I saw them at the Lowlands festival a couple of weeks ago. :)

Guess what just showed up in the mail....... I'll give you a hint, look at my avatar. If I was any more excited, I'd be jumping up and down. Expect to see this in the "what album did you listen to" list in about 40 mins. :wink:

Are they going to release this in one package with Stage Names, like they did with Black Sheep Boy and Appendix? :hyper:

Arriving on my doormat today:
V/A - The Complete Motown Singles Volume 3: 1963

I think that was one of my worst purchases this year, three or so months ago. I saw The Complete Motown Singles Volume 4 in a used CD store (why???). As it had a reasonable price, I bought it. Full price, that boxset is way too expensive I think. But that time, the price was right. And so was the music...
So now I'm on my way to collect them all (they're at Volume 10 at the moment). Still not full price as I'm looking for bargains. And when I see one, I buy it. So now I have the first four volumes. Twenty-one CDs with all the singles (+ B-sides!) Motown and its sub-labels released between 1959 and 1963, even with the alternate versions some were released in. Oh my bank account! :|

:hyper:

You better go buy something to make up for it, Fitz. :wink:

Are they going to release this in one package with Stage Names, like they did with Black Sheep Boy and Appendix? :hyper:

No clue. If they do make a 2pk though, it probably won't be for a year or so, similar to how they did the last one.

My pre-ordered Mogwai EP did not come in today like it was supposed to. :angry:

in the past few weeks...

zwan - mary star of the sea
sick of it all - live in a dive
the gaslight anthem - the 59 sound
the gaslight anthem - senor and the queen EP
everybody out! - struggle + strife and the 2007 EP (which were my first and last purchases on itunes due to them being out of print)
the aggrolites - self-titled
the amazing royal crowns - self-titled
an otis redding best of
a sham 69 best of
sheer terror - love songs for the unloved
chuck ragan - los feliz
chuck ragan - feast or famine
transplants - transplants
andrew wk - the wolf (because that copy i bought ages ago never did resurface, and this was 5 bucks)
the tossers - agony
the slackers - close my eyes
foo fighters - in your honor
the hold steady - stay positive
the hold steady - boys and girls in america

several of those were in the cheap-o bin at the used music store, but i seem to have mixed myself up with someone who actually makes a decent salary.

i really do not like the hold steady. i keep trying to listen to those albums because i really should like them, given that they sound like a combination of other things that i really like. the lead tracks off both albums, along with "sequestered in memphis" are the only songs i can marginally get into. there's something about the vocals that really irritate me.

Too bad, I assumed you'd love them. I assumed wrong.

To be honest though, even I don't like the new album outside of 3 or 4 songs.

i assumed i'd love them, too. i'm still not convinced that i won't change my mind. i'm actually kind of baffled by this, haha.

i really like the new gaslight anthem, though. so i'll go see them in CT next month with the alkaline trio (although their new album sucked so much i haven't tried to make it grow on me, and don't plan to).

Yeah, I'm extremely disappointed in the new Alkaline Trio as well. I should just sell it, I don't want to hear it again.

i should sell it and be rid of it, too. but i said that years ago about that sr-71 album that i still have.

I've said the same thing about St. Anger numerous times...........................

Go post in The Specials thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom