MUSE PART 6: "You'll Wake The Thought Police"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! that was awesome! I wish I was a rock god! hahaha It seriously must be the greatest feeling being on stage doing what you love!

Yes the concert was outdoors. The sound was great though, I think they turned it up to 11. Only issue was the amount of girls wearing Twilight t-shirts and high heels in the mosh! I felt sorry for them one came a cropper wit a big guy and was bawling her eyes out. He couldn't help it though they'd just played the first bit so stockholm syndrome! hahaha He was awesome!

Ahhhh good memories! :D

:love: MUSE in 360

Merry Christmas to the fans from MUSE:

go here and watch Uprising and Citizen Erased live from Wembley. You can watch from various points on stage and move the cameras around on stage:
MUSE

Those were very nice gifts to wake up to this morning. But for some reason, mine seem stuck on the Chris cam. No clue what that's about. :shifty:

Only issue was the amount of girls wearing Twilight t-shirts and high heels in the mosh! I felt sorry for them one came a cropper wit a big guy and was bawling her eyes out. He couldn't help it though they'd just played the first bit so stockholm syndrome! hahaha He was awesome!

Ahhhh good memories!
biggrin2.gif

I will never understand the concept of high heels in the mosh.

I loved CE! :heart: So need to see this live!:drool:

Dom's drum intro kicks ass I spent the first half watching CE from Dom's angle, before switching to Matt's by the the piano for the outro. :heart: Then I got stuck over by Chris. :shifty:

Yeah, mine may well be stuck on the Matt one for a bit, too. Hmmmmm. I'll, um, work on that to check out other views. Eventually :shifty:.

(High heels in a mosh pit, what the f...?)

Awesome clips, thanks for sharing the link to this stuff :up:. That had to be the most glam version of "Uprising" I've ever seen (I'm sure Matt's blinding silvery space outfit had something to do with that :wink:). And "Citizen Erased" was fantastic, too.

Please tell me there'll be a DVD of this as well? Maybe Muse should just do perennial Wembley DVD releases or something :p.

Angela

I made myself a Muse calendar, and I know Amy wanted to see the inside of it, so here are pics :wink:

Wow that is a truly epic calendar! :applaud:

Only issue was the amount of girls wearing Twilight t-shirts and high heels in the mosh!

Sheesh. Those girls must have a death wish. I wouldn't go anywhere near moshpit without comfortable footwear.

Apparently they're screening bits of the Glastonbury festival on Oz TV, and they'll include Muse's set on Tuesday! Please please show Where The Streets Have No Name :drool:

Great calendar, i love the little comments in it!

I am amazed at how divided some Muse fans are in regards to the latest tour. They make the people on here who grumble about U2 setlists look positively over the moon! hahaha

I mean to be fair i've only recently gotten into Muse so i'm not yet 'over' some songs and am loving them all, and loving the concerts i've seen, especially since they played most of my favourite songs!

Great calendar, i love the little comments in it!

I am amazed at how divided some Muse fans are in regards to the latest tour. They make the people on here who grumble about U2 setlists look positively over the moon! hahaha

I mean to be fair i've only recently gotten into Muse so i'm not yet 'over' some songs and am loving them all, and loving the concerts i've seen, especially since they played most of my favourite songs!

Yeah they are really brutal over there compared to here which is quite tame.

I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that the posters on the Muse board are overall much younger, and therefore prone to more extreme (and sometimes childish) reactions. Not that the older people don't grumble, but I think they'd be more likely to accept the fact that, like it or not, things don't always work out to your liking.

That, and the fact that Black Holes and The Resistance didn't go down well with some fans who are more into OOS and Absolution.

I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that the posters on the Muse board are overall much younger, and therefore prone to more extreme (and sometimes childish) reactions. Not that the older people don't grumble, but I think they'd be more likely to accept the fact that, like it or not, things don't always work out to your liking.

I'd say that's fair.

I dunno. Like I've said before, I think setlist complaining is pretty pointless to begin with for all sorts of reasons, but it's an inevitable topic of discussion with bands, so...*Shrugs*. I just ignore it and let the people have their little rants.

That, and the fact that Black Holes and The Resistance didn't go down well with some fans who are more into OOS and Absolution.

Another inevitability. I think that's kind of a shame, myself, as I love it all, but I'm like that with every band I like. 'Cause I'm apparently weird that way :p.

Angela

No Streets for the Glastonbury TV special :grumpy: The three Muse songs they showed were great, even though my Mum and I both thought that Matt's voice strained a tad during Starlight.

Dear lord MGMT sounded terrible live :ohmy:

No Streets for the Glastonbury TV special :grumpy: The three Muse songs they showed were great, even though my Mum and I both thought that Matt's voice strained a tad during Starlight.

Aw, that sucks :(. How can they NOT show that performance?

I'll have to go back and listen to a clip of "Starlight" from that show, I don't remember catching that about his voice last time around. Hm.

Good that you still were able to enjoy the songs they did show, though :). What other ones did they air?

Oh, really? Wow. Given all the hype around them, that's kind of surprising.

Angela

Just downloaded this in 720p. :drool:

And yeah, I think during the whole show his voice doesn't sound like it always does. Still good though.

Back
Top Bottom