MUSE PART 6: "You'll Wake The Thought Police" - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #511
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:26 PM
I'll wait until the album is released before deciding it sucks. Survival and Unsustainable do absolutely nothing for me, but I know disliking two tracks on an album doesn't mean I'll hate the whole thing.

If I'm not crazy about the album, I'll still see them live. Muse is one of my favorite bands and they won't just be playing 2nd Law material. I'll just stick to the local show instead of traveling to a few Northeast dates like I had planned.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #512
Refugee

Local Time: 04:26 AM
At this point, I can't even get excited about seeing them live, since 90% of what they play will be Black Holes/Resistance/2nd Law. Probably not worth it for a couple of Origin of Symmetry and Absolution tunes. The highlight would be hearing them play Newborn for the umpteenth time . . .

Old 08-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #513
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:26 AM
Sorry to hear that. But that's how you feel. Me for one have plans to see them live. I like BHAR, TR and hopefully 80% of 2nd law. I wish they thought of the US as much as their home country and could of blessed us with a couple of OOS live shows (like they did last year) that would of been awesome. But unfortunately the US is not at that level. They obviously have to promote their new album. They can't just play the oldies as great as they are. They like to experiment and go in different directions in areas of music that they like which isn't necessarily what a lot of us like. Gotta give them props for not spending the last 12 years churning out the same shit. And producing the last two albums (TR and the new one) themselves.

Seems like a lot of British Bands like to play it safe and play the hits and not pull out some good oldies, Muse included here in the US. With the rare exception of Radiohead to our delight. Wish they would get a clue and do what they did.

Like I said to each their own. C'est la vie.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #514
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever
I wish they thought of the US as much as their home country and could of blessed us with a couple of OOS live shows (like they did last year) that would of been awesome.
Yeah, OOS sets at Lolla and Outside Lands would have been great.

I feel the same way as Amy. If I don't like the rest of The 2nd Law, I'll still enjoy the rest of the show. Aside from the horror that was Guiding Light, I liked The Resistance. And I love Black Holes and Revelations.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #515
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Personally, I prefer BHaR and The Resistance to OOS and Absolution, so I've no problem with their shows leaning more on the latest stuff. As long as they never ever drop Stockholm Syndrome

The two new tracks aren't rocking my world so far, so fingers crossed there's better stuff on the new album.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #516
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Like I said a while back, "Survival" has kinda grown on me, and there were some aspects of "Unsustainable" that I liked, too. It's not uncommon for me to have this reaction with Muse songs-some I love right off the bat, some take a little longer to win me over. So ultimately, I'm with U2Fanatic on this one.

And I definitely want to go see them again. I too like their later stuff, so I'm fine with them playing whatever. All I ask is that I hear "Blackout". If I hear that at a show I go to, we'll call it good .

They're supposed to be at the closing ceremonies for the Olympics tonight, right? At least that's what I'd heard.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #517
The Male

Local Time: 08:26 PM
If Muse takes that robot from the Unsustainable video on tour with them, I might go.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #518
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:26 AM
Listened to the new single "Madness" today and I don't think I like it. Their new style doesn't do much for me. I loved all their album, except The Resistance, which had some good songs, but was generally a disappointment for me. I just hope the new song isn't an indicator for how the rest of the new album will sound like.

Still excited to go to the Muse show in November.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #519
The Male

Is this a demo? My version takes 3 minutes to go anywhere.

Now.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #520
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:26 AM
This is the first song I've heard that isn't horrible. It's okay I guess.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #521
The Male

It's actually my favorite too. I think it's an awful single choice though.

Now.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #522
Refugee

Yeah, I definitely think this song is miles ahead of "Unsustainable". Of course, it's still miles behind any of the singles from OOS, Absolution, or Black Holes. But it's peaked my curiosity about the new record again.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #523
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Ooh, I haven't heard it yet. *Goes on search*

As an aside, there's a brief article in the latest Rolling Stone with Matt Bellamy where he talks about the songs on the new album. Some of them have me rather intrigued.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:51 AM   #524
Blue Crack Addict

All right, so I've heard this "Madness" song three times now.

I like it very much . I love Matt's voice on it. The song kind of reminds me of another one in some ways, I want to say something from the '70s or '80s in a way, but I'm not quite sure which one it is.

Yeah. This is good stuff, this song. And I'm definitely appreciating the other two songs more now as well. Can't wait for October.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #525
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Finally, a new song I really like For some reason it makes me think of George Michael - maybe something about Matt's vocal style?