Los Campesinos! -- WE ARE BEAUTIFUL, WE ARE DOOMED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, and he actually brought it up on his podcast yesterday.

Dude's got taste, actually. He's an avid Shuttlecock fan, for starters. But he's included a lot of great artists on his iTunes compilations:

LCD, BSS, THE OKK!, YYY, Arcade Fire, Jack & Meg, Stars, Kevin Drew, and Phoenix. Just to name a few.

Just because she wasn't totally into talking to your drunk Texan ass when you probably rolled up with some typical B.S. like "OMG WHY R U LEAVING? SKOOL SUX NO!!" doesn't mean she's not friendly.

First of all, I wasn't drunk. My conversation with the best looking girl in the band was exceedingly awesome. One of the better ones I've had with any human being in a while. When Aleks rolled up, I basically just said it was lovely getting to see her, she's making a smart decision, and I wish her well. She said a half-hearted "thanks," and I went back to talking to Harriet. Because she's amazing.

For what it's worth, I'm not going to miss her hotness (we'll always have "TWEEXCORE," she and I...). I'm going to miss her awesome voice, her wonderful interplay with Gareth, and just her being there. When I fell in love with this band in a total vacuum--a free online EP (at the time), animated music videos, living in Japan, reading a MySpace page in crudely translated Japanese, and knowing NOTHING about any of them--her voice was one of the reasons I fell so hard. I will just miss the Los Campesinos! with whom I fell so deeply in love. Very depressing, for me. Honestly.

First of all, I wasn't drunk. My conversation with the best looking girl in the band was exceedingly awesome.

You mean the one with the nose and the questionable fashion?

When Aleks rolled up, I basically just said it was lovely getting to see her, she's making a smart decision, and I wish her well. She said a half-hearted "thanks," and I went back to talking to Harriet. Because she's amazing.

Uh-huh. So your equally cliche, reverse psychology ploy doesn't work, and you're taking it out on her. She probably saw you guys and was like "who's that mook Harriet's talking to? I better go rescue her!"

For what it's worth, I'm not going to miss her hotness (we'll always have "TWEEXCORE," she and I...). I'm going to miss her awesome voice, her wonderful interplay with Gareth, and just her being there. When I fell in love with this band in a total vacuum--a free online EP (at the time), animated music videos, living in Japan, reading a MySpace page in crudely translated Japanese, and knowing NOTHING about any of them--her voice was one of the reasons I fell so hard. I will just miss the Los Campesinos! with whom I fell so deeply in love. Very depressing, for me. Honestly.

Completely understandable. I don't know if you remember the exchange from earlier in this thread, but it's pretty well established that we all think she's a great musician who happens to have certain qualities which attract the male human being.

As far as I'm concerned, the hotness of all the artists I love so much really comes as a bonus. Their talent and their art is what we should be predominantly concerned with, and I think we all are, for the most part.

As far as I'm concerned, the hotness of all the artists I love so much really comes as a bonus. Their talent and their art is what we should be predominantly concerned with, and I think we all are, for the most part.

susanboyle.jpg

You mean the one with the nose and the questionable fashion?

Don't bring NSW into this.

Uh-huh. So your equally cliche, reverse psychology ploy doesn't work, and you're taking it out on her.

Really had nothing better to say to her. She could have at least feigned sincerity.

Remember that conversation we had not too long ago about the idea of people in THE CLIQUE! meeting up, and how it may or may not be awkward? I just realized that it would probably be difficult for us to talk without the ability to use visual aids, misquotes, 'cockification of words (this probably would be more difficult and less funny spoken aloud), etc.

I do remember, but I'm not especially convinced it'd be that bad. I like to talk and joke a lot in real life, in fact I excel at it, and I try to do my best to have people not feel awkward (unless, of course, I'm naked). From actual conversations I've had with YLB and NSW, they're pretty loquacious too. Seamless conversation, really. NSW makes me laugh more actually speaking to him than through online exchanges, for instance. But he also sounds like a cartoon character with his stupid Bronx accent.

Having never met anyone I've gotten to know over the interwebs, I can only guess what the interaction is like. But knowing what I know of many of our personalities, shit would get pretty damn funny pretty damn quick.

From actual conversations I've had with YLB and NSW, they're pretty loquacious too. Seamless conversation, really. NSW makes me laugh more actually speaking to him than through online exchanges, for instance. But he also sounds like a cartoon character with his stupid Bronx accent.

Is this some kind of gaming hook-up? I bet if I saw all of you in your headgear I'd have a pretty big laugh myself.

I'm more apt to agree with Imperor than Laz, speaking for myself at least. A lot of frequent internet users are more charismatic behind the keyboard, which makes sense...but in my case, the more personal the mode of conversation, the more animated and funny I get. Also, you can always make verbal references to interference in-jokes if you're in a pinch.

Also, if we ever met as a group, it would work very well. Individually, I cannot speak for every permutation but most would work, some might not.

By the way, Laz, I play a lot of Xbox with Scumbo, and we're both on headset. Even when people I know from real life play with us, you might hear me yell very loudly "Magnificoooooooock" as I'm killing aliens. It's always funny. :)

Yeah, it was over XBL. Just shooting the shit.

I look ridiculous in the headset and was always extremely self-conscious about it when my roommates would see it. I live alone now but still don't use the headset. I hate feeling like a typical XBL kid. Hate it.

Cockifications would work just fine in person. In fact, they'd probably be even funnier. I don't care how cumbersome they sometimes are.

"And We Exhale..." is awesome.

The headset is indeed ridiculous,but, it is kind of fun to play with my friends out West and be able to interact verbally.

If we all went to a ballgame together, trust me, it would be a blast.

I'm more apt to agree with Imperor than Laz, speaking for myself at least. A lot of frequent internet users are more charismatic behind the keyboard, which makes sense...but in my case, the more personal the mode of conversation, the more animated and funny I get. Also, you can always make verbal references to interference in-jokes if you're in a pinch.

Also, if we ever met as a group, it would work very well. Individually, I cannot speak for every permutation but most would work, some might not.

Ultimately, I agree. I just think it's funny how much of the joking around here is centered around pictures, quotes, and the like.

What would really be awkward is the non-interference friends of THE CLIQUE! having to witness/participate said meeting, which is really why I've never attempted First Contact before.

Ultimately, I agree. I just think it's funny how much of the joking around here is centered around pictures, quotes, and the like.

What would really be awkward is the non-interference friends of THE CLIQUE! having to witness/participate said meeting, which is really why I've never attempted First Contact before.

Well, yeah. The joking has a lot of that, but only as an enhancement, not a crutch.

Yikes, crossing the streams with friends could be odd, yes.

I've met a bunch of interlanders by now, some by choice, some just from wandering around Hawaii....but I've never mixed my interland friends with non.

If we all went to a ballgame together, trust me, it would be a blast.

That'd get shitty in a hurry. In the best way. YLB's the only non-baseball fan of the bunch, which I chalk up to his being between the Fish and the Devil Rays. It's a little too late to latch onto the latter, he says. I agree.

All of those things certainly add to the hilarity, but I think we're all generally sharp witted and good enough with the written word to have it translate.

But yeah. I wouldn't want to subject my IRL friends to this shit.

I don't know whether to make a GAF or an Impy/P-Bear joke.

Just because I like Pedobear doesn't mean I like jailbait.

Thank you.

I think I just had a vicarious Shouter flashback to his weekends in Japan.

And Lance with the solid base knock!

I think I just had a vicarious Shouter flashback to his weekends in Japan.

I'm glad I refrained so you could take that one. Nice.

That'd get shitty in a hurry. In the best way. YLB's the only non-baseball fan of the bunch, which I chalk up to his being between the Fish and the Devil Rays. It's a little too late to latch onto the latter, he says. I agree.

Well, at least he's not a Braves fan.

Back
Top Bottom