Los Campesinos! -- ROMANCE IS BORING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I couldn't even make it all the way through that song, Imps. Some of the other songs sounded like they may be better based on the making of video, but who knows what the final versions will be like.

Boy, I hope they didn't blackball Ollie just so they could make more songs like this acoustic EP. This thing is atrocious.

Maybe they kicked the drummer out because he was arguing that the acoustic EP was terrible.

All's Well That Ends scores a 7.6 from Pitchfork. i don't think i'll bother with it though.

The All's Well That Ends EP may not be the end for Los Campesinos!, but it's definitely the end of the beginning.

interesting. based on the above opinions it sounds like impending doom

The group members still perform under the Campesinos! surname, but in recent months two have left: singer/keyboardist Aleksandra

this isn't the lead female singer is it? singing, for example, the Heat Rash chorus? i sincerely hope not.

also i recently listened to Hold On Now, Youngster... i wasn't overly enamoured with it. i liked You! Me! Dancing! and that hidden track at the end, but the rest all sounded the same and most of it contained lyrics that make me embarrassed to be a fan of the genre.

Them's cobblin' words.

Also:

"The stripped-down arrangements suggest that violinist Harriet is probably the most underrated Campesinos!; her prickly pizzicato or melancholy bowing repeatedly add emotional heft to Gareth's conversational vocals. "

I wouldn't mind stripping her down and showing her my prickly pizzicato, if you get my meaning.

10/08/10 – Toronto, ON @ Wrongbar
10/09/10 – Laval, PQ @ Maison des Arts de Laval
10/10/10 – South Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground
10/12/10 – Philadelphia, PA @ Johnny Brenda’s
10/13/10 – New Haven, CT @ Toad’s Place
10/15/10 – Brooklyn, NY @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
10/16/10 – Brooklyn, NY @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
10/17/10 – Baltimore, MD @ Ram’s Head Live
10/18/10 – Carrboro, NC @ Cat’s Cradle
10/20/10 – Atlanta, GA @ Variety Playhouse
10/22/10 – Dallas, TX @ Granada Theatre
10/23/10 – Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa
10/24/10 – Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live
10/26/10 – St. Louis, MO @ Firebird

Sorry to see that. I got lucky enough that they're playing a place where I drink dollar beers and play ping pong three nights a week. Synergy!

It's a shame for me too.

4560851826_54c7ab412f.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if Johnny Foreigner is involved with this, but I don't know that. I just know that they were trying to book a fall tour but were having financing issues. Seems like it'd be a good bill, regardless of whether or not it can/will happen.

If these two play together and DON'T come close enough for me to see them I'm going to burn down the entire world.

Starting with Canada.

Just heard "You! Me! Dancing!" in a Budweiser commercial while watching College Gameday. McLaz, you got anything to say to these pricks?

Back
Top Bottom