Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Better pic

4a5bf4d5.jpg

And yes mods please change the title. Even if it's LM's first one. It does not do justice to the braggadocious nature of YEEZUS. It's an absolute disgrace!!

I can't even tell that's supposed to be a melted Jesus piece. Still looks cool.

The only way to make this thread title worse is if the mods christened it 'Kayne West discussion.' Actually, that would be kinda hilarious.

Srs pls change the title

The album's up for pre-order on iTunes. 13 tracks listed as 3:02 in length and the last 3:01. What does it mean???!?!?!?!?

Srs pls change the title

The album's up for pre-order on iTunes. 13 tracks listed as 3:02 in length and the last 3:01. What does it mean???!?!?!?!?

Probably an error, the version of New Slaves being projected was 3:50ish and it looks like it's not on iTunes anymore. Wiki is listing 14 tracks but again I doubt that the times are right.

Black Skinhead is fucking incredible. Kanye's got the best sounding drums in the business.

I really like the concept behind the cover. Considering the title and the lyrics we've heard so far, which seem to be very self-conscious and angry, I think a melted Jesus piece (I assume that's what it is) is a fairly subtle way of referencing his past without necessarily trying to make amends for it. The message there reminds me of the Power single cover/MBDTF insert.

I'm fine with that, it's more the jewel case and tape that bugs me.

A lot of posters over at the Kanye board are/were adamant that the tape wasn't going to make the final cut but I guess the iTunes pre-order made believers of them.

I wonder what the vinyl for this is going to look like.

Eh, I doubt he had permission and these are late-night public events. I'm surprised I didn't hear anything happen last weekend.

I'm lukewarm toward Kanye in general, but I think Black Skinhead is a banging track - probably the best thing I have heard from him. Love that industrial vibe. Is that even him rapping? It sounds much, I don't know, huskier than his typical flow.

The previously unheard songs were all about desperation, ice-pick synths, and convulsing drums, something like a hyperkinetic version of 808s & Heartbreak's relatively dour robo-paranoia.
I want this.

Still not available for preorder on amazon. Is it just me or is that weird?

Back
Top Bottom