Haim, or is it HAIM?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Este's face is always like that.

And just a bunch of people ripping them for stupid shit like their facial expressions and how they look and shit that didn't matter.

Este's face is always like that.

And just a bunch of people ripping them for stupid shit like their facial expressions and how they look and shit that didn't matter.

I haven't watched them much live, but it seems like they all could work on their stage presence just a bit (well, maybe not Alana), but no, it really doesn't make that much of a difference.

Twitter seems to be pretty positive with its negatives, at least.

Bass face, yo. She does that all the time. It's her thing. I posted about it extensively in this very thread.

Loved the Gordon Beckham sketch. Alana is the cutest. Her verse on The Wire is one of the highlights of life.

Every time the intro to The Wire comes on, Heartache Tonight starts playing in my head.
I don't know what that is.
The first seven songs on this album are really, really good, but is it just me or do the wheels completely fall off after that?
I'll give you My Song 5 as the album's weak point, but I really like Go Slow and Running If You Call My Name. And Let Me Go has looked like a cool live track on the couple of YouTube shows I've seen.

Okay, so this album is bad-ass and totally deserving of the many plaudits coming its way. Strange thing is that "The Wire" was one of my least favorite tracks here, if only because there are so many great ones from front to back. There's a lot more edginess here than I was anticipating.

If I Could Change Your Mind and the title track are probably my faves.
I think those two and Falling are my favorites. The funny thing is that the only two songs they don't play live are the ones you mentioned.

EDIT: Looking at setlists, it appears that they recently started playing Change Your Mind but scrapped it after a few shows.

I've been avoiding it because, despite the sort of throwback nature of The Wire I like, the production is god awful. Is that not indicative of the rest of the album?

I've been avoiding it because, despite the sort of throwback nature of The Wire I like, the production is god awful. Is that not indicative of the rest of the album?

I don't think The Wire is representative of the rest of the album, no. I guess I didn't notice the production one way or another, but stylistically it struck me as sunnier than the other tracks.

Following this tiff took me a second to understand, but that peace sign thing basically means fuck you in Britain, doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom