Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doves just posted on their Facebook page that they have exciting news they're sharing tomorrow. Could be nothing but at least something to keep our eye on.

So they're using the Doves Facebook site to announce a new band.

Is this band done or what?

47321065_10156834021733670_5607023536561455104_o.jpg

:ohmy:

I really liked Kingdom of Rust (introduced to me here, I'm sure). Was that their most recent album?

The waiting is over! In 2010 Doves announced an indefinite pause. Nothing lasts forever. Doves will break their hiatus to perform for the Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall, London on Friday 29 March 2019. Tickets go on sale Friday 9am. More announcements to follow.

47323058_10156840129393670_5531813840255188992_o.jpg

This is just one charity gig, too, right? Or am I misunderstanding?

Well, they're also playing a show in Dublin in June. Second on the bill, after Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. So it seems there's a bit more happening than just one charity gig.

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/features/listomania/doves-choose-nine-favourite-songs

Plenty has changed since we last heard from Doves, both in the world of music and the wider one. In 2010, after typically lavish critical praise for the previous year’s Kingdom of Rust and the exhaustive tour that followed it, they took what was intended to be a two-year break. It stretched on for nearly a decade as the three-piece retreated to their native Manchester to start families and new side projects. Only now are they slowly emerging from hibernation and it’s a marker of their commanding position in British alternative music that their first show in eight years will be at the Royal Albert Hall, before a smattering of festival dates across the summer. All three members confirm that new music is in the pipeline, with a new record set for next year and studio work is already under way.

!!!

wow great news! never thought we'd see new music from these guys again

Impressive that they already locked themselves in on a release date date potentially over a year from now. U2 would be proud.

Back
Top Bottom