Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bad news. :(

We regret to announce that due to circumstances beyond our control we have been forced to cancel our forthcoming tour of Australia.

This is a decision we have not taken lightly and our sincere apologies go out to anyone who has bought tickets for the shows and for any inconvenience caused.

Refunds will be available from point of purchase.

Doves.

Circumstances beyond control better not mean any sort of sudden break-up or retirement :madwife:.

Finally heard Some Cities. Not too inspiring. There is something very otherworldly about the production, but the songs don't feel quite as intimate as those of Lost Souls, causing them to feel really fluffy and weightless instead. Black and White Town and Snowden might be my two favorite Doves songs though.

Ranking the albums:

1. Lost Souls (A)
2. The Last Broadcast (A-)
3. Kingdom of Rust (B)
4. Some Cities (B-)

I really hope they don't take another 4 years on the next one because, like U2, I think they sound better when they don't overthink the production. Seems like things are heading that way though. I haven't posted in this thread in a while, so I guess I should weigh in on the new best of: AWESOME, they really put a lot of love into the sequencing.

So while there doesn't appear to be a new album on the horizon, which is extremely frustrating, it looks like Jimi has a solo album coming out in March.

Doves — News, Tour Dates / Tickets, Gigs, Discography And More. The Best Of - Order Now.

Totally off-topic: LOVE your userpic! Even though Locke probably irritated me more often than I actually liked him, I still have a huge, soft spot for all things "Lost".

Also, new Doves would've been awesome, but hopefully the solo work will be stellar.

Damn it! I knew it was only going to be Jimi Goodwin related, but I still let myself get faintly excited at the possibility of the reemergence of Doves. :sad:

Song's okay, probably what I would've imagined from a Jimi Goodwin solo venture.

I hope Jimi Goodwin will at least continue touring with Elbow if they tour the US later this year though.

They have cancelled their Australian tour three years ago when I was supposed to attend for unknown reasons. Doesn't look good sorry to say.

Yeah we give U2 flack for being so slow, at least they've been working on material. Kingdom of Rust came out a month after No Line on the Horizon, and they've done nothing since. Such a shame.

Back
Top Bottom