Doves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So now that we've had about a year or so, where would you guys rate Kingdom of Rust in comparison to the other albums?

Probably ties for the second spot with The Last Broadcast - I can't decide which album I like more. Lost Souls to me still feels like their most "complete" album even though others have stronger individual tracks.

Yeah, I definitely haven't listened to it enough, or at least not recently. I had no memory of what a lot of the songs sounded like, so i was a bit surprised at how many I thought, "How did I forget this one?!", when I listened to it today.

Yeah, I definitely haven't listened to it enough, or at least not recently. I had no memory of what a lot of the songs sounded like, so i was a bit surprised at how many I thought, "How did I forget this one?!", when I listened to it today.

I had the same experience, but a while ago.

Bought it, gave it a few listens, liked it, then moved on. Came back to it, was like "damn this is better than I remember" and listened some more. Etc.

Push Me On definitely screams b-side to me, I enjoyed it, but it sounds like much of KOR in a blender.

no prob folks. yeah, i don't know if it would have fit the album well or not. it's one of those b-sides that i just can't get enough of, but at the same time, would it have been the weakest song on the album? maybe.

it's kind of like how Stand Up Comedy would have been a kick ass b-side. :wink:

I keep checking iTunes to see if that track's been added. So far, no dice. I think I'll hold out on listening to it until it's up.

Received this email today. :up:

The Places Between : The Best of Doves out Monday! / Exclusive new Doves content and discount for previous album owners

Doves' Best Of 'The Places Between' gets it's long-anticipated release this coming Monday, 5th April. A multi-format best of that cherry picks the best from the band's number one albums 'The Last Broadcast' and 'Some Cities', last year's critically acclaimed masterpiece, 'Kingdom Of Rust' and their generation defining debut 'Lost Souls'. Including 'Black & White Town', 'There Goes The Fear', 'The Cedar Room' and many more classic Doves tracks, there's also a host of b-sides, rarities and unreleased tracks including fantastic new single 'Andalucia'. For the album's full tracklisting click here.

But that's not all... If you own a copy of any of these previous Doves albums you now have the chance to access exclusive content - including streams of the album's three new tracks and video retrospectives on each album - via a specially-created digital locker. All you need to do is put your copy of one of the past releases in your computer, visit the doves.net BONUS AREA and follow the instructions.

Also as a thank you from the band for all your support over the years there is a code that you will find in the Digital Locker which entitles you to £2 off the price of the Special Edition album only with Play.com

Back
Top Bottom