Don Henley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
indeed.

we actually met him in Dallas back in 2001 at the Elevation concert, i think it was in November. He seemed kind of paranoid but quite a talent nontheless. And his wife was way hot and young for someone like him, that is if he were just a regular guy.

^as well as "the end of the innocence"

just watched both of those videos, and each one takes me back to a different time in my youth. One of them, i might as well be that kid banging on the drum with the peace sign. The other one, i was going off to the army, getting my head shaved, etc....really blows me away to watch this for some reason.

Good stuff Financeguy :up:

^as well as "the end of the innocence"

just watched both of those videos, and each one takes me back to a different time in my youth. One of them, i might as well be that kid banging on the drum with the peace sign. The other one, i was going off to the army, getting my head shaved, etc....really blows me away to watch this for some reason.

Good stuff Financeguy :up:

It's funny, I don't have those specific life experiences of course, but there's something in that song that strikes a chord with me also. I can't quite put a finger on it. It is tied in with nostalgia, growing older, memories of the 1980s, of childhood, all of these things.

Thank you Financeguy!

Seeing Don Henley, whether solo or with The Eagles, is most certainly in the same league as seeing U2 and Springsteen for me.

I have seen hundreds of concerts and for me, obviously U2 is far and away the best. However, there are only a hand full of acts I put in the same league as U2:

1.)Springsteen
2.)Henley or The Eagles
3.)AC/DC
4.)Paul McCartney
5.)John Fogerty

I worked security at a Henley show at the Wang Theatre in Boston on the Fall 2009 Tour. It was incredible- nice and intimate, Don is a great story teller and a class act!

I particularly liked this Garth Brooks cover:
YouTube - 06 - It Doesn't Matter to the Sun (Live)

It's funny, I don't have those specific life experiences of course, but there's something in that song that strikes a chord with me also. I can't quite put a finger on it. It is tied in with nostalgia, growing older, memories of the 1980s, of childhood, all of these things.

i suspect we're on the same page. Even if you take away those specific life experiences, just hearing those songs really takes me back to a time which conjures up events. Seeing the videos brings it more into focus. Im with you on this...because so many other songs from this era do the same but for some reason Henley's make you sit up and take notice.

At some point in life we do that, sit up and take notice. In my younger years i was too busy just trying to get somewhere, now i tend to pause a bit more. Not that im old, mind you, but i do look around a bit more now than i did back then.

I'm a fan.

The Boys of Summer, like a few of you have mentioned, is a very evocative song for me....it already seems laden with memories to begin with, and now of course when I hear it, it brings back my own memories from when the song was released. I'm not sure if I'm "old" yet or not (39), but I'm certainly older......and so more and more songs become more and more nostalgic for me....and The Boys of Summer is one of them.

The Boys of Summer evokes certain memories for me. Of a time and a person. Sigh. And for that, I'll always love it.

eta - ha, in that End of the Innocence video that FG posted, where it's paused at, Henley is looking sort of Bono-like.

This is another of my favourites songs from the album. Couldn't find a decent video, so this will have to do. "God knows we could use some romance in this sleepy bedroom town." Indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzbYUv9gyKM

The Boys of Summer evokes certain memories for me. Of a time and a person. Sigh. And for that, I'll always love it.

eta - ha, in that End of the Innocence video that FG posted, where it's paused at, Henley is looking sort of Bono-like.

This is another of my favourites songs from the album. Couldn't find a decent video, so this will have to do. "God knows we could use some romance in this sleepy bedroom town." Indeed.

YouTube - 05 - The Last Worthless Evening (Live)

You're bringing back some great if recent memories of the show I worked a few months ago!

That story that was ending as the video started was awesome! Last Worthless evening is one of those songs that I never heard as more than background music in places, I certainly took a liking to it after seeing him perform it and knowing the story behind it.

Sometimes I forget how many cool experiences all of these people have had given their line of work- visited famous celebrity hangouts, met and formed friendships with each other, etc.

I agree with what others said, for some reason, Henley's stuff spurs nostalgia and causes one to pause and reflect, even young people like myself who do not associate the songs with any particular time period.

I just think he's a magnificent artist.

I can't really be nostalgic about his music, but I do love the man, and have a special place in my heart for those singles of his.

Back
Top Bottom