Desert Island VII: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woot. About to start my uploading. Hope 192kbps mp3s are good for everyone cuz I'm converting now.

Yeah, I just made a list of a ton of songs I'm really into right now and made 'em flow. 3 song intro, 16 song part 1, 3 song interlude, 16 song part 2, 3 song outro.

My list is 34 songs long... pretty sure I'm done with it. Might give it one last listen tonight while homeworking. I sort of scrapped the only new artists concept, but only because I felt like I was using some inferior songs just for the sake of using different artists. Still, 27 of the artists are different, and the others I haven't used more than once in a regular DI.

Weighing in at a solid 36 here, with 3 being over 7 minutes long. I'm thrilled with the list, but it'll be interesting to see the reactions it gets from others, to say the least.

my preliminary list is 38 songs long :crack:

i think i need to prune it big time.

I dunno, maybe I'm a narcissist, but I fill my lists out as far as they can possibly go.

37 tracks, so kinda long ones this time. I had to use *shudder* a single version of a track to get it down within two minutes of the max.

cool. one final question - how far apart will the master threads be?

count me in.

Absolutely no clue. Glad that information wasn't necessary to get you to join. :wink:

1. phanan
2. Imperor
3. onebloodonelife
4. PhilsFan
5. LMP/No spoken words
6. Screwtape2
7. GirlsAloudFan
8. bono_212
9. AtomicBono
10. Axver
11. LemonMelon
12. coolian2
13. khanadarhodes
14. the tourist
15. Mr. V
16. Cute Irish Bono
17. The Sad Punk
18. liamcool
19. Joey788
20. cobl04

ALT 1.
ALT 2.

Are the alt. spots still open? If so, put me down for one. I haven't participated in DI since DI I(except for the mini-games I've participated in).

Since everybody else has been posting these stats, at this stage, on my draft lists, one has 21 new artists out of 36, and the other has 16 out of 24. A number of others have been featured only once or twice ... given I've already submitted six lists, it's getting bloody hard to avoid repeats while remaining passionate about the choices and not just including them for "difference".

I intend to make a list of wholly new artists, but not until DI IX, once these two lists are used. That should make it one hell of a challenge.

Very well.

1. phanan
2. Imperor
3. onebloodonelife
4. PhilsFan
5. LMP/No spoken words
6. namkcuR
7. GirlsAloudFan
8. bono_212
9. AtomicBono
10. Axver
11. LemonMelon
12. coolian2
13. khanadarhodes
14. the tourist
15. Mr. V
16. Cute Irish Bono
17. The Sad Punk
18. liamcool
19. Joey788
20. cobl04

ALT 1.
ALT 2.

just need a clarification here... regarding Jackson Browne. The Load-Out is one of my favourite songs ever, but it's really not complete without Stay on the end. now they are one song, really, but they aren't labelled as such (like Phoenix's Love Like a Sunset pt.1, 2). if i were to use this song, can i use The Load Out/Stay? I've got a version of it on my iTunes where they are one combined song.

also very excited that i'll be able to use my Pearl Jam bootleg... thinking about slipping two Who tracks into my DI list :applaud:

the shortlist currently stands at 450 songs, 31 hours, 2.89 GB :lol:

Back
Top Bottom