Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
May 13...

Hype hype hype hype hype hype!

01 Bixby Canyon Bridge
02 I Will Possess Your Heart
03 No Sunlight
04 Cath
05 Talking Bird
06 You Can Do Better Than Me (But I Can't Do Better Than You)
07 Grapevine Fires
08 Your New Twin Size Bed
09 The Remainder
10 Pity and Fear
11 The Ice Is Getting Thinner

smielephantin7.gif

impy13 said:

06 You Can Do Better Than Me (But I can't do better than you)

that's a real emo title.

i admit plans and transatlanticsm were really good though, and will be interested in hearing this.

Is it really a single? I saw it was available on Amazon's MP3 section for download, and just assumed it was a random song from the album when i saw the length of it. The clip sounded nice though.

I Will Possess Your Heart is first single of the 2008 Death Cab For Cutie album, Narrow Stairs. It was released on March 18, 2008 and is scheduled to begin radio play on March 24, 2008.

The single is now on sale at Amazon.com.

The radio version and the album version differ by 4 minutes and 48 seconds.

So, something like that.

interesting, "Plans" wasn't bad... not great, but not bad

I will check the Pitchfork stream

Dalton said:
I like it. Pitchfork is Slovakian for "asshats".

is that right? i live in slovakia and i wasn't aware of this.

interesting. just goes to show that you CAN find out about things on the internet.

I heard the song. I like it, but that extended intro is too extended. After a while it's a little "Damn it, Gibbard, start singing already!"

It's a cool choice as a single. Kinda spits in the face of the "fans" who crapped on them for going to a major label. Not sure if I'll like the shortened "radio" version, but I dig using an 8 min song as the first single on your album and as the first thing any of your fans hear of it. It's ballsier than most would probably expect from them.

the long intro sounds like a UF/JT b-side :wink:

I like this song. Interesting choice for a single, for sure. Pretty low-key. I don't know how I'll feel about it without the long intro though...just because he's not singing doesn't mean it's not a relevant part of the song.

Ironically, Death Cab is the favourite band of the guy whose heart I am trying to posess. Meh.

Actually heard the radio version (on the radio of all places!) last night, still seemed to work pretty well with 3 or 4 mins shaved off. It's a nice song, and I love them for having the guts to release it as a single.

And how cool would it be if this really is the most "radio friendly" song on the album? :wink:

I like the album cover.

narrowstairslp3.jpg

They also just announced a show in May about 2 blocks away from where I work. :up:

So did you guys hear that the album leaked maybe except not really

from my understanding, there is a leak with the tracks correctly labeled, but they don't have the right times, and it sounds kind of a lot like Death Cab, except maybe not really, but it's also good, even if it's not Death Cab

:huh:

this is what my friend told me.

Back
Top Bottom