Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're playing stadiums in the U.S., at least in a few cities. Will be interesting to see if they add any other cities to the schedule.

12605278_10156532824085253_89629546977429720_o.jpg

"Lovers In Japan" is a really great song. Sounds like a well executed U2 ripoff.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was reading the coldplaying board and looks like Coldplay won't have GA in the US, they have seats on the floor,, also most of them are like $200 and the first rows are VIP, so like $750 :ohmy:... Didn't think they could have that kind of prices, good thing that they don't have shows in my city so I'm not tempted

Taking a pass on this tour - I dislike stadiums and I haven't really liked their last two albums... Not sure how well this is going to work out for them, I think the time for them to have done stadiums in N. America was two albums ago...

They're playing stadiums in the U.S., at least in a few cities. Will be interesting to see if they add any other cities to the schedule.

12605278_10156532824085253_89629546977429720_o.jpg

I'm only 3 hours away from Dallas, so that would be doable. But for those prices and knowing that they play short sets, definitely not worth it. Also, the new album blows.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not sure how well this is going to work out for them, I think the time for them to have done stadiums in N. America was two albums ago...
Agreed. This is probably going to be a one night only thing. I'll be surprised if any of the cities get a second show.

Not sure how well this is going to work out for them, I think the time for them to have done stadiums in N. America was two albums ago...

They were not ready then as they were still trying to sell tickets for two arena shows in most big cities on the last tour, and never completely sold those places out. The only place I think they are ready for this is in Los Angeles area because they did sellout three shows at the Hollywood Bowl on the last tour. But still, I would have gone with some place a little smaller than the Rose Bowl.

I suppose if they struggle with ticket sales they can always add two or three opening acts like Kenny Chesney always does. Plus they are charging ticket prices as low as $24.50 which is very cheap by today's standards.

I'm surprised they are doing this in the United States. The two most recent albums have sort of under-performed here in the States. If anything, I think demand would be a bit down compared to the last tour and they were not capable of playing stadiums on the last tour considering how they struggled to fill the arena shows in the United States.

I think they are a great band live and they certainly have the support for Stadiums overseas, but I'm worried they might be facing an embarrassing number of empty seats here in the United States.

Agreed. This is probably going to be a one night only thing. I'll be surprised if any of the cities get a second show.

Notice that all seven stadium shows are carefully scheduled for Saturday nights. They know this is going to be a very tough sale for them. No way in hell there would be 2nd dates. I'm worried that they will only average about 35,000 attendance for these shows.

As much as I've loved the band and seeing Coldplay live throughout the years, I have no interest in driving 8 hours to Chicago with such high ticket prices. I'll be sitting this one out.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for them. My sister lives in Chicago and is a big fan(as well as a few of her friends), and they have the same attitude. Good seats are far too expensive for a stadium show, and the new album just isn't good. I have a feeling there will be plenty of empty seats for the U.S. shows.

I listened to Ghost Story recently, the first time I'd listened to it since probably the month it came out. it was better than I remembered.

Thanks, New Coldplay Album! You make stuff I hated sound better!

I'm honestly surprised there's demand for that, but well done. I think I'm passing, as I hate the Rose Bowl, and saw them 3 times in November....for free. I just can't justify paying $80 plus parking for uppers then waiting hours to get out of the golf course/parking lot.

Why are you surprised? Once a band reaches the size of Coldplay, they'll always still play "Yellow" or "Viva la Vida" and tickets will sell. Even if they just released garbage.

Back
Top Bottom