Camera Obscura

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard of them, but I haven't actually heard much of them...I REALLY like what I'm listening to now. That album name rules. :)

I like old threads.

I cannot stop listening listening to 'French Navy'. It's one of my favorite songs so far this year. The entire album (My Maudlin Career) is quite enjoyable as well. Can't believe it's taken me this long to finally get into them, despite my Belle and Sebastian love. As it's the first album of of theirs I've picked up, what do other fans recommend I get next?

enjoying the new album too
not enough to really delve into their catalogue, but it is definitely good

so, yeah, no answer to your question

I need to check this out. I only know one song of theirs, "Lloyd, I'm Ready to Be Heartbroken," which I found fairly addictive about 3 years ago. I never got around to buying a record and didn't hear much about them so I thought maybe they just had the one good song. But now I'm quite curious.

The best comment i've read relating to this album "who would or could break the heart of someone with a voice so sweet"....fitting I think.

Either Pitchfork, Craig Ferguson, or you are liars.

And I don't mean this kind:

Liars_060504103847352_wideweb__300x375.jpg

Here's my source:
Pitchfork: T.V. Eye: June 15-21

Just checked TV Guide's website, and they're listing them as well. Could be a rerun or pre-recorded thing, who knows.

It pleases me that Honey In The Sun is Camera Obscura's new single, probably my second favorite song from the new album.

I've been meaning to make an avatar of a picture of Bono with LIAR printed across the front of it for months now, and still have not. I procrastinate, but I don't lie.

I really like that song. The French Navy one. And that dude in Liars looks a whole hell of a lot like Nick Cave.

Just in time for the holidays, Camera Obscura just released a cover of 'The Blizzard' (original apparently by "Jim Reeves", who I've never heard before). I randomly bought the song off of iTunes this morning when I saw an add for it online, but apparently 4AD are letting you can listen to it for free here:

YouTube - Camera Obscura - The Blizzard (4AD)

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom