Broken Social Scene ARE the new Menudo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember once randomly looking in the Journal section of Interference (when they were called that, and actually were used), and Zoney had posted the lyrics to that song as a comment to a very teenage girly journal entry.

I laughed.

got an email, you probably all did too but in case you didn't:

Before there was Broken Social Scene, there was K.C. Accidental. The lo-fi bedroom recordings of Broken Social Scene’s founder/vocalist/guitarist Kevin Drew and multi-instrumentalist/studio mastermind Charles Spearin, K.C. Accidental – a mostly post-rock instrumental project – laid the foundation for the Toronto collective’s sprawling expanse in the form of two self-released EPs made at the end of the 90s: Captured Anthems For An Empty Bathtub and Anthems For The Could’ve Bin Pills.

Because they were released in limited numbers on Noise Factory Records, traded amongst friends and hidden in the pockets of Toronto’s independent record stores, these two records have been out of print for five years and have never been available outside of Canada. This fall, Arts & Crafts will be reissuing these seminal recordings in one package on October 26th in 2-LP, 2-CD and digital formats.

AC058.jpg

captured anthems for an empty bathtub // anthems for the could've bin pills
1. nancy and the girdle boy
2. something for chicago
3. anorexic he-man
4. save the last breath for me
5. kev's message for charlie
6. tired hands
7. instrumental died in the bathtub and took the daydreams with it
8. residential love song
9. silverfish eyelashes
10. ruined in 84
11. them (pop song #3333)
12. is and of the

Yeah, that should be nice. I'm suddenly really glad that I've put off buying overpriced, scratched up versions of those for so many years.

Tired Hands = prequel to Me And My Hand?

Kevin Drew has always been in touch with the hipster lifestyle.

Ha. It's a 10-minute+ slow-burn. Typical turn-of-the-century post-rock shit. It's really beautiful, too! These are two really solid EPs. Beneath only You Forgot it in People on the BSS totem pole, for me.

I've only heard Could've Bin Pills, but it's definitely worth a purchase. I'll have to snag this.

I'm seeing these guys tonight. Here's hoping that, like in their last show here, Emily can make a surprise appearance for Sentimental X and Anthems. Feist would also be great, but I guess that's unlikely.

I'll be there. Maybe I should wear a funny hat so you recognize me.

I really hope Emily Haynes makes an impromptu appearance for Anthems (sorry Ashley, I don't want to reopen wounds).

I'll be there. Maybe I should wear a funny hat so you recognize me.

I really hope Emily Haynes makes an impromptu appearance for Anthems (sorry Ashley, I don't want to reopen wounds).

I wasn't expecting it, so it didn't hurt TOO badly.

Though Cobbler getting it did.

Whatever man, You're just jealous that I got....uh....broken violin...action. Like, whatever, dude.

February 18th will mark my fourth encounter with THE SCENE!, and lord only knows what it has in store. Early reports are For Givin' Us Cock Record will factor in somehow.

Back
Top Bottom