Bon Jovi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Musikwala

War Child
bonjovi.com

"WORK” is a rare, behind-the-scenes look at Bon Jovi, the top touring rock band in the world. WORK contains 208 pages of exclusive Bon Jovi pix on stage and behind the scenes. Pre-Order today to reserve your copy - Bon Jovi Online Store - Pre-Order Your Copy of WORK Today!

1656442_10151886941262000_1087942051_n.jpg

1017431_10151886940867000_723887284_n.jpg

1796491_10151886941137000_1605281044_n.jpg

1932194_10151886941012000_504219409_n.jpg

1655844_10151886940947000_1414342464_n.jpg

1965039_10151886941022000_678432774_n.jpg

1975206_10151886940967000_1879619766_n.jpg

1900000_10151886941067000_698117116_n.jpg

1958547_10151886940877000_1512340550_n.jpg

1959495_10151886941192000_141409038_n.jpg

1969275_10151886941037000_1327141799_n.jpg

1510357_10151886941222000_553295629_n.jpg

Bon Jovi is work, yes.

Behold; I Am Work, reads a plaque affixed above the desk he keeps in a trailer on the outskirts of town.

It's

My

Life

!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 because the Nexus 5 just wasn't big enough.

"Bon Jovi isn't real without me." - Sambora

ultimateclassicrock.com

Richie-Sambora.jpg

The war of words between Bon Jovi and the band’s exiled guitarist Richie Sambora has cooled off over the last several months, but that doesn’t mean Sambora has made peace with the idea of the group touring without him.

“At the end of the day, if you’re going to buy a can of Coke, you want the real thing,” he explained to Melbourne’s Herald Sun. Unfortunately, says Sambora, Bon Jovi frontman Jon Bon Jovi “just has a different mentality” — even though, as he put it, “I know Mick Jagger wouldn’t tour without Keith Richards and call it the Rolling Stones.”

Be that as it may, Sambora seems to feel as though some fans are willing to give Bon Jovi a pass without him in the lineup because “For the longest time, even now, I’m considered Jon Bon Jovi’s side arm, or something.” It rankles him, and for good reason: “Hey, I built this band, too.”

Sambora maintains that he walked away from Bon Jovi in order to spend more time with his daughter, and admitted to the Herald Sun, “It was an unpopular decision with the fans and the band, but sometimes a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do for his family. It certainly didn’t come down to money. It’s something I needed to do for my family and myself.” And as for a reunion? “I’m not saying this band will not get back together at some point, or not,” he shrugged. “There will have to be a lot of communication, a lot of talking.”

Read More: Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn't 'The Real Thing' Without Him | Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn't 'The Real Thing' Without Him

Why the hell is somebody trying to street-team Bon Jovi shit all over B&C?

Actually, "why the hell" probably suffices in response to any Bon Jovi mention anywhere.

ultimateclassicrock.com

Richie-Sambora.jpg

The war of words between Bon Jovi and the band’s exiled guitarist Richie Sambora has cooled off over the last several months, but that doesn’t mean Sambora has made peace with the idea of the group touring without him.

“At the end of the day, if you’re going to buy a can of Coke, you want the real thing,” he explained to Melbourne’s Herald Sun. Unfortunately, says Sambora, Bon Jovi frontman Jon Bon Jovi “just has a different mentality” — even though, as he put it, “I know Mick Jagger wouldn’t tour without Keith Richards and call it the Rolling Stones.”

Be that as it may, Sambora seems to feel as though some fans are willing to give Bon Jovi a pass without him in the lineup because “For the longest time, even now, I’m considered Jon Bon Jovi’s side arm, or something.” It rankles him, and for good reason: “Hey, I built this band, too.”

Sambora maintains that he walked away from Bon Jovi in order to spend more time with his daughter, and admitted to the Herald Sun, “It was an unpopular decision with the fans and the band, but sometimes a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do for his family. It certainly didn’t come down to money. It’s something I needed to do for my family and myself.” And as for a reunion? “I’m not saying this band will not get back together at some point, or not,” he shrugged. “There will have to be a lot of communication, a lot of talking.”

Read More: Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn't 'The Real Thing' Without Him | Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn't 'The Real Thing' Without Him

And you thought this news was worthy of a new thread, when the already-unnecessary Bon Jovi thread was on the front page still?

:rolleyes:

I will say that Bon Jovi has been unusually active for a band their age since 2000, releasing 6 albums, with each album getting at least a year long tour, if not more. Maybe Ritchie is sick of touring/recording all the time, as he is in his 50s now. They're kind of the opposite of U2 right now. As soon as Bon Jovi can scrape together 12 new songs they release a record and embark on another yearlong tour, with the quality suffering.

Does anyone know where I can find the avatar used by Mount Temple? I'd like to potentially use it for my Match.com profile.

Sent from my Note 3 using my S-pen.

They're kind of the opposite of U2 right now. As soon as Bon Jovi can scrape together 12 new songs they release a record and embark on another yearlong tour, with the quality suffering.

I'm not sure it's the speed that's responsible for the lower quality.

But you're right in that they're the opposite of U2, who are one of the best bands ever.

Jon Bon Jovi wants to buy The Buffalo Bills

Jon-Bon-Buffalo.jpg

Buffalo Bills fans have grown accustomed to livin’ on a prayer over the last couple of decades, so perhaps it’s only fitting that Jon Bon Jovi has entered the bidding race for new ownership of the team.

Multiple sources are reporting that Bon Jovi, who was first rumored to be interested in buying the club back in November, has joined a group of investors working to bring an American football team to Toronto. Although the Bon Jovi frontman’s publicist declined to discuss specifics, he’s quoted as saying, “Jon remains passionate in his pursuit of an NFL franchise.”

As many fans are already aware, Bon Jovi has dabbled in franchise ownership before; he was one of the original majority owners in the Philadelphia Soul, an Arena Football League team that started operations in 2004. The Soul — and the AFL as a whole — suspended operations in 2009, and when the team returned in 2011, Bon Jovi no longer held a stake, thus freeing him up to try and lure the Bills up north.

While the Bills have been proudly headquartered in New York since 1960, there’s history between the team and Toronto. They enjoy a dedicated fanbase in the city, and since 2008, they’ve participated in the Bills Toronto Series, an agreement that’s found them playing occasional games in Toronto’s Rogers Centre — and although the team’s dismal 1-5 record at Rogers has prevented them from establishing the “second home stadium” atmosphere the Bills were looking for, the series is currently set to continue through 2017.

It’s worth noting that regardless of the Bills’ recent woes, whoever buys the team will have some awfully big shoes to fill: previous owner Ralph Wilson, who died in March at the age of 95, not only founded the Bills, but was one of the founding owners of the American Football League, and was honored with induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2009. The idea of rock’s most successful steel horse rider owning an NFL franchise is a little funny, but we know football runs in the Bon Jovi family, so maybe this idea’s just crazy enough to work.

Read More: Jon Bon Jovi Wants to Buy the Buffalo Bills | Jon Bon Jovi Wants to Buy the Buffalo Bills

can we merge all the threads about these shitty bands into one, call it "musikwala's dreadful* mainstream rock acts 'stories' here"?

*adjective subject to change. i was going to go with "washed up," but that implies that they were ever good, and they weren't.

Back
Top Bottom