Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And then realize it's so shitty they don't even play it at the show in question!

Yeah, I know it was a year later. Sometimes it takes time for these epiphanies to occur.

I can't believe Imperor actually remembers a lyric.

I think I heard that song once, and all I remember is "flowering rose".

It will be interesting to see if any of those 360-debuted songs wind up on the album. From what I've heard, let's hope not.

Also, we should have a long-term betting pool on when the original version of Mercy actually gets an official release, either through the fan club, or part of some future outtake compilation or re-release set. I'm going with 2020 for the band's 40th anniversary.

I think I was far too hard on this album my first time through. There are at least three great songs here (Reflektor, We Exist, and It's Never Over), and the whole thing holds together pretty well considering the length. You Already Know and Joan of Arc really drag it down toward the middle, though.

Been spending a bit more time with this thing. And while Funeral is the better album, I can definitely say this one if my favourite... more suited to my tastes, even if there's some filler, namely We Exist, Flashbulb Eyes, You Already Know and Joan of Arc. The second disc is really strong.

The entire second disc + Reflektor, We Exist and Here Comes the Night Time = really good album

The other four songs should have been b-sides, at best. I actually find them more annoying/distracting now than I did on first listen.

Pretty sure I'd take Neon Bible at this point actually.

Last edited:
That might be my least favorite song by the band. The lyrics are total "it's cool to be yourself" fluff (subtlety really went out the window albums ago) and the song sounds paper thin with its faux-live sound. It might be better actually played live though.

Last edited:
The entire second disc + Reflektor, We Exist and Here Comes the Night Time = really good album

The other four songs should have been b-sides, at best. I actually find them more annoying/distracting now than I did on first listen.

Pretty sure I'd take Neon Bible at this point actually.

I got a wild hair to listen to the album just now, and I agree with every word in this post.

Same here. I barely listen to the first disc at all after Reflektor. At least it allows me to ignore the tracklist mess in the vinyl vs CD.

The second disc is very good, though.

So this is where we're at...Flashbulb Eyes takes priority over No Cars Go.

And one track from the second disc? Fuck that shit.

Last edited:
To be fair, these are 90 minute festival sets. The Sydney and Melbourne sideshow sets will be more indicative of the spring / summer tour. They also didn't tour The Suburbs down here, so more set space is probably being used up for those tunes in compensation.

Waiting for NSW and/or Laz to blame it on James Murphy (remember Dance Yrself Clean, Home, All I Want didn't start appearing in LCD's sets until later)

Waiting for NSW and/or Laz to blame it on James Murphy (remember Dance Yrself Clean, Home, All I Want didn't start appearing in LCD's sets until later)

Thanks for reminding me. Christ that was an idiotic decision not to play those songs as soon as the tour started. The main reason why I felt my particular gig was a bit underwhelming.

Whilst I agree it was a shame (can't quite find it within myself to call a band I love as dearly as LCD idiotic), I can't say that it affected my enjoyment of the gig I saw. The only This is Happening tracks we got that night were Drunk Girls, I Can Change and Pow Pow, and still it rates as the third best concert I've ever seen. I just enjoyed everything else so much that I wasn't even disappointed they did play my favourite tracks from that album.

But you and I differ though. I think Yeah is a fucking awesome song, and I loved every fucking second of it live.

While those setlists are meh, the Tunnels -> Haiti -> Afterlife -> Sprawl II sequence will blow my mind if it's still there when they play NYC.

Back
Top Bottom