Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and i'd rather just wait for the illegal download to pop up, but thanks for wasting 15 seconds for me.

There was a video of a Spanish record store owner playing the vinyl. It has of course been taken down. The sound wasn't the best as people were constantly talking but I wasn't exactly impressed.

Pitchfork has a video of people listening to it, but you can hear them talking through the whole song. It's nice regardless.

Album on July 28! Sweet.

And, with each subsequent album release date, the more preposterous it looks that the National album isn't out until fucking September.

On first listen, I'm underwhelmed. I hear the Abba-ness, and there's a pretty keyboard melody in there, but on the whole it's not grabbing me. Not really feeling any urge to listen again.

I mean, if people end up fawning over this shit but at the same time knock The National or whoever else for their sound, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off.

It's a great song, but just like that first BSS single, it's everything they do put in a blender and pumped out in one song. Like all great bands, they make it work tremendously well, but it sounds exactly how I would expect a new Arcade Fire song to sound.

I mean, if people end up fawning over this shit but at the same time knock The National or whoever else for their sound, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off.

It's a great song, but just like that first BSS single, it's everything they do put in a blender and pumped out in one song. Like all great bands, they make it work tremendously well, but it sounds exactly how I would expect a new Arcade Fire song to sound.
It's got chamber pop elements to it, but I'm not hearing much on this from their previous albums outside of Reflektor. It's reasonably original for them.

On first listen, I'm underwhelmed. I hear the Abba-ness, and there's a pretty keyboard melody in there, but on the whole it's not grabbing me. Not really feeling any urge to listen again.
I'm with you. It's merely ok, and that's not what I'm expecting from the new Arcade Fire single.

Back
Top Bottom