Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not as exciting as the album announcement last time around.

If my memory hasn't failed me, they announced The Suburbs along with the album art AND both the title track and "Month of May" all on the same day.

I remember hearing those two songs and knowing that it was gonna be a great album. The tone and freshness of just those two tracks was a really positive sign for me. They seemed like they were having a lot of fun.

Hopefully we hear an actual song from this soon.

So maybe this will be the first decent album they did after Funeral.

James Murphy Talks New Arcade Fire Album | News | Pitchfork

James Murphy, who worked on the record, recently spoke with NME about it. At this point, he says his work on the record is finished, but, "For them, it's not finished until it's in stores."

"They're all so phenomenally talented and full of ideas so songs keep on coming," he added. "The last time I dared think it was finished I came back to the studio three days later to mix and they'd written two new songs for the album!"

He also said that Régine Chassagne, who was pregnant during some of the recording (she's married to bandmate Win Butler), worked in the studio "up until, like, the very final point she possibly could in the studio before giving birth. All of them, they're so committed to making this record."

Murphy didn't give much of a description of how the album sounds, but did offer up, "It sounds like Arcade Fire in the way that only Arcade Fire sound like Arcade Fire, you know? It's really fucking epic. Seriously. I mean, I feel at this point like I'm too close to it to really talk it up and do it justice. You know?"

Was that after he said "Daaaaad, quit quoting me on the Internet and heat me up some fucking meatloaf?"

Back
Top Bottom