Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I AM going to one of those Chicago shows, I'm just going to have to find tickets via other means.

I can't believe there was a presale for a show in Santa Fe and I didn't know about it. I'm stunned. They're playing here to "pay us back" for pre-Funeral support, they say...

Stunned.

Absolutely stunned.

To see this on the front page of the paper this morning.

Thank God I know the director at the theater if I don't get tickets in the general sale tomorrow.

I don't think I'll have a problem since the venue holds 1,800 people which is huge for this town but just in case, I will call the director directly and get my damn ticket.

I can't believe there was a presale for a show in Santa Fe and I didn't know about it. I'm stunned. They're playing here to "pay us back" for pre-Funeral support, they say...

Stunned.

Absolutely stunned.

To see this on the front page of the paper this morning.

Thank God I know the director at the theater if I don't get tickets in the general sale tomorrow.

I don't think I'll have a problem since the venue holds 1,800 people which is huge for this town but just in case, I will call the director directly and get my damn ticket.

:up:

They're playing a venue here that's about a 10 minute drive from my house, so I'm fairly excited as well. Have a relatively big group of friends I'm buying tickets for on Saturday.

Yay! :up:

I also want to go to the Denver show. I'm ready to have fun again.

*edited to say I just got Denver tickets. My best friend will be visiting and road trips for music is our favorite thing, yay!

Someone's credit card must have failed, as I somehow just scored front row tickets to Arcade Fire on a presale that had been available since this morning.

There's of course GA on the floor, but I'm quite happy with front row of the bowl in the second section back from the stage.

Someone's credit card must have failed, as I somehow just scored front row tickets to Arcade Fire on a presale that had been available since this morning.

There's of course GA on the floor, but I'm quite happy with front row of the bowl in the second section back from the stage.

woot! Nice score there.:up:

I used to really like that spoilered band, back in college when their debut album was huge and everyone and their brother had the CD.

Now I can't stand them. The sound of her voice is like nails on a freaking chalkboard.

Just yesterday I heard a Chinese version of Dreams, which was weird.

Cori, this is idiotic, but for some reason every time I see your sig I want to change my sig to "Beware the metal hand of Robo-no", and have some sort of Robot Bono picture in it. Why, I don't know.

Ha!

I usually change my sig every so often, but I just love this one too much. It seems so fitting to have around these parts these days.

I owe Cathal a drink when I see him in town for the Seattle show, for letting me steal it.

corianderstem said:

*Eminem is the bob dylan of our time

*bitches that the only award white artist/bitches that they gave herbie Hancock and esparanza spalding awards

* bitches that when Hancock won, it was the only time in decades that a jazz album has won (greedy jazz musicians!!)

*steely Dan quietly came and went (ya, because they were a new band when they won, right?)

Steve stoute is a complete twat and is more out of touch with music than the ones he criticizes.

What does this string of textual diarrhea even mean?

"While we cannot solely utilize album sales as the barometer, this was certainly not the case. Not only is Eminem the best-selling artist of the last decade, but The Marshall Mathers LP was a critical and commercial success that sold over 10 million albums in the United States (19 million worldwide), while Steely Dan sold less than 10% of that amount and came and went as quietly as a church mouse."

Especially the first sentence. Does it mean anything? What the fuck is he even trying to say there?

Apart from the fact that it's incredibly arrogant to think he should put an open letter in the NYT as some sort of voice of reason, he's clearly just bitter that his favourite type of music doesn't win all the time

If he was going to throw around chart data, there was really no point in using that first sentence. He needs to just set aside the bullshit and make it quite clear that, yes, he loves hip-hop, and yes, the Grammys are run by old men whose hearing aids don't work well with such bass-heavy frequencies. I agree with all of that.

Steely Dan coming and going as quietly as a church mouse, as if they had zero cultural impact is laughable though. I have hip-hop and classic rock stations loaded into my FM band, and I hear more tracks from Can't Buy A Thrill than Marshall Mathers LP overall. I can, of course, buy that he has had a greater influence on the music scene of today (although his relevance is already fading, so don't apply this post to the music scene of the 2030s), but then he had to go and compare him to Bob Dylan. No more playing devil's advocate for me.

In closing: dude needs to start watching the VMAs instead.

Also, Two Against Nature is inferior to Kid A and Midnite Vultures, and that's coming from someone who's a big enough Steely Dan fan to have bothered with the album. That was actually a solid year for Best Album. This year's was total shit except for Suburbs.

Back
Top Bottom