51st Annual Grammy Nominations/Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She seemed very sweet and genuinely thrilled to win.

She's worth checking out. She's incredibly talented. She's a bit like Amy Winehouse except with more of a classic jazz sound (think Etta James or Ella Fitzgerald) as opposed to soulful and Motown like Amy. Also, she doesn't have a major drug problem, so that's a plus.

sorry...i couldn't tell who it was! haha..I thought when he was rapping he said bobby brown somethin or other :lol:

and what gets me about Katy perry's song, is it is such a rip off from Jill sobule's kissed a girl from around 6-7 years ago...it isn't the 1st time we have heard a song about kissing girls:rolleyes:

:ohmy::ohmy:They are?? How lucky are those kids in the USC marching band.

yep..

pics of jonny and thom rehearsing
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.ph...id=36736245747

thomrehearsinggrammys.jpg

There is no way in hell I'm wading through the already-maxed-out thread in the other place about U2's performance.

Is there a general consensus on how U2 did?

Oh man, Paul McCartney and Dave Grohl, FTW.:drool: That was awesome! For a song, going on 50 years old in a few years, it sounded a lot better than a lot of that tripe shit that went down tonight (Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Joe Bros, I'm looking your way).

Miley's the worst, but Taylor Swift is actually pretty good. Don't hate her just because Hannah Montana stepped all over her toes.

Isn't shitty sound par for the course on the Grammys? Maybe I'm thinking of another show, or something else entirely (like puppies and rainbows), but I think every year there's always at least one act that makes me say "Can't they get decent sound at this place? don't they have professionals working on this show that's supposedly about great music?"

but I think every year there's always at least one act that makes me say "Can't they get decent sound at this place? don't they have professionals working on this show that's supposedly about great music?"

You would think. Although Sugarland sound is great. It's just when you start adding alot of instruments it gets all f'ed up.

I love this song. Adele.. :up:

Back
Top Bottom