2011 Grammy Awards Viewing Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that it's too big of a deal though. I didn't really dig The Suburbs much. It lacked the catchiness of the first two albums, feeling a little pompous, condescending and overlong. Although, a few of the tracks stand up with their best.QUOTE]

I didn't like it much when I first heard it, but I love it now.

I'm just excited to see them perform. I've never seen them play, either live or on TV. I'm still ticked off that the opening act for the one U2 show I saw in 2005 was Dashboard Confessional instead of Arcade Fire.

I'll definitely root for Arcade Fire over Lady Antebellum for that one. I hope they get it.

I noticed one of the rock categories mentioned, have they done the other two yet at all?

I will never not be able to think about Degrassi when I see or hear him. Sorry, Jimmy Drake.

Haha, same here.

Did anyone else catch the Gaga interview on 60 Minutes? It kind of ruled.

Will that be online at any point? I was rather interested to see that.

Angela

This is the best Florence live performance I've seen her give on TV. Way to not go flat this time, awesome lady. :up:

I noticed one of the rock categories mentioned, have they done the other two yet at all?

Um, there's only one award left to give out.....Album of the Year. The rest of the winners are on Grammys.com

Grammy Winners/Nominees

Black Keys won Best Rock Performance (for group) and Alternative Album. Paul McCartney won for solo Rock Performance....I can't stand that he seems to get nominated every year for some limp Beatles cover performed live. Ugh. Rock Song went to Neil Young and Rock Album went to Muse.

Dang, Aretha looks like she's lost a lot of weight. Too bad it happened, I'm assuming, because of her illness. :(

I also think it's a pop culture felony that Bad Romance wasn't nominated for one of the big song awards.

... and it had BMX bikers? What the actual fuck.

I heard it was Month of May? I'm really meh about that song.

Performance sounded good to me. I would've maybe gone with a different song, perhaps, but still, not bad.

Um, there's only one award left to give out.....Album of the Year. The rest of the winners are on Grammys.com

Grammy Winners/Nominees

Black Keys won Best Rock Performance (for group) and Alternative Album. Paul McCartney won for solo Rock Performance....I can't stand that he seems to get nominated every year for some limp Beatles cover performed live. Ugh. Rock Song went to Neil Young and Rock Album went to Muse.

Bah, yeah, still catching up over here, sorry :p. Okay, thanks. That's not too bad a selection there, I can go with that. Muse won something, so that makes me happy. And of course, can't go wrong with Neil and the Black Keys, either.

I do agree with you that it is funny the things people will constantly get nominated for each year, though. Yes.

Angela

I kind of expected this in the back of my head after some of the other surprises tonight. Yay :happy:

Holy shit! That makes no sense. How did they lose to Black Keys? I imagine a bunch of people must have foregone voting for Arcade Fire since they figured they would win Album of the Year?

ALBUM OF THE YEAR - ARCADE FIRE - THE SUBURBS!!! Yippppeeeee

Now I'm ready to start.

Back
Top Bottom