2009 Albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetitans2k

Refugee
I feel like I haven't heard a good new album in a while. What are some of the albums that people are anticipating that are set to be released in the later part of 2009?

The new Flaming Lips album sounds like it could be great. It's comin out in a few weeks, I think. Bob Dylan has a Christmas album comin out.

i muitooooo much anticipate the new RAMMSTEIN album LIEBE IST FÜR ALLE DA = transl. LOVE IS THERE FOR EVERYONE
:rockon:

I feel like I haven't heard a good new album in a while. What are some of the albums that people are anticipating that are set to be released in the later part of 2009?

It sounds like you haven't enjoyed the first 3/4 of 2009 either? There's been some pretty good albums so far this year.

The new Flaming Lips album sounds like it could be great. It's comin out in a few weeks, I think.

Hugely seconded. This is one of my most anticipated albums of the year.

It sounds like you haven't enjoyed the first 3/4 of 2009 either? There's been some pretty good albums so far this year.

Also seconded. This year's been fantastic in terms of new releases, I think. At least I know that I'm going to have a tough time paring down my year-end list to 10 or 15 slots.

The Incident by Porcupine Tree, Son of the Morning by Oh, Sleeper, and Beggars by Thrice are three excellent albums released recently.

Daisy by Brand New, The Resistance by Muse, Sci-fi Crimes by Chevelle, and Armistice by Mute Math aren't bad either.

as for what I'm looking forward to? In the Unlikely Event by The Fall of Troy, mostly.

In This Light And On This Evening is released on 12 October, the third album from Editors. First single, Papillon, is brilliant, I expect the whole album will follow suit. Could be album of the year maybe?

I was just thinking yesterday I haven't come across a lot of unheralded gems this year, or gotten into many bands, there have been some releases I've expected from bands I already love, but that's mostly it. I haven't been adventurous that much with brand new music this year.

Most of the 2009 album releases I've been interested in have already been released. My favorites so far have been NLOTH, Relapse from Eminem, 21st Century Breakdown from Green Day, The Resistance from Muse, Working on a Dream from Bruce Springsteen, The Blueprint 3 from Jay-Z, It's Not Me, It's You from Lily Allen, It's Blitz from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Together Through Life from Bob Dylan, White Lies for Dark Times from Ben Harper, Abnormally Attracted to Sin from Tori Amos, and Far from Regina Spektor,

Agreed

Also worthy mention Britain's own goth metal pioneers Paradise Lost new album Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us worth listen to folks.

Why did you not mention Mastodon? You're not a real metal fan, Bumberry. :tsk:

Everyone loses for not mentioning the Avett Brothers album.

Agreed! What an impressive band. I and Love and You while a departure from their previous work is an exceptional album. And nobody puts on a better live show these days.

It's just came out but it's the only album - apart from NLOTH - I've been looking forward to hearing:

Nerina Pallot - "The Graduate"

gaga_fame_monster_cd_cvr_1_small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom