death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, i am for one glad you posted this here, it seems we all share such personal areas of ourselves within such an impersonal medium that we forget what it is like to really talk about things that tug constantly within our broken hearts. Don't get me wrong, i myself am one who prefers to write a poem or a song that says how i really feel inside; its amazing what kind of artifice we can create with our words.

I believe i understand exactly what you mean by wanting to be leave this skin. Death is not always as negative as some see it as, I too am a Christian and believe that there is something beyond our immediate realm; and scientifically speaking I know that energy cannot be destroyed, it only changes form.

To me death is something quiet beautiful actually; it has always been at the centre of my life, without which i could not live. I believe that our hearts live and die within every second, that there is constant renewal of our spirit and that sometimes death can be a time of awakening. I have had some very close friends and relatives die within the last fifteen years of my life which have immensely affected the way i have grown up and how i relate to people. A couple of losses I actually know I will never recover from but that is what makes the memories, how ever brief they may be, all that much more beautiful {I have recently shared my thoughts on those within this medium myself, with surprising ease and abandon}. One part of what you wrote is actually confusing to me, I actually love remembering the good times, and feeling the pain inside, cause it reminds me that i am alive; its like looking in the mirror and not saying a word. On a more honest level, at one time i actually quit my job because it was to painful to deal with people around me and almost seeing life flash by in their eyes.

As far as dealing with the loss of someone close i find we begin remembering the things we once shared with them on strange cycles and levels and believe it is important to go through that. Although i think we tend to confuse strength for holing things inside as something good and to be proud of, by that i mean we usually drown ourselves in other things within our lives in order to keep from feeling that which we feel so deep inside. At the core of it all i think strength is actually found in the ability to admit to ourselves that we really aren?t that strong and reach out for help, and yes even through methods like this. Especially because in here we are not governed by the appearance of the 'skin'. On the other hand i also believe that methods like this can turn into other forms of skin, as we hide behind our words. Please don't misunderstand, i have learned to open up within this 'skin' in ways i actually find rather surprising, but sometimes it actually feels like Bono talking around the zoo TV era when he made the analogy of "personal feelings and ideas being broadcasted over a really loud public address system". That in itself can sometimes actually make you want to just sit in a corner and never touch the keyboard again in fear that it might steal away pieces of your soul, which i am pretty sure mine has {im not at all to happy with that I tell you}

I also don?t believe we ever ?fully? recover from some incidents, but that is what makes life worth living. I don?t believe we would ever truly appreciate what few precious moments life throws our way if we did not know what it is like to not have those moments and be able to share them with the ones we love.

Personally, I want to commend and thank you for your strength; it actually takes a great deal of strength and self-conviction to open up in this method. With your courage you have accomplished much more than you may believe, I have been in great need of writing from a more straight and personal, without the need to be poetic as you may notice from my recent post {hopscotch}. What?s strange is that even within that attempt I managed to write some interesting poetry, even with the images conjured up by some people with really warped minds, he, he!!

By the way, I have managed to find much sillier places to talk about death and love than this so don?t feel bad; you are actually barely scratching the walls compared to some of the things I have managed to wrap my warped mind around, I could tell you stories!!!

Please feel free and encouraged to write more on this, I really want to hear your response. Again, I want to thank you for your strength, I don?t think I could post a poem as personal as ?butterfly- perfect name by the way, big ups.
Also remember that great things take time, and living is the greatest achievement anyone can boast of; and write home about?

The following is one of the best lines I have ever read and I really hope you like it?

"I always knew I'd look back at the sad time and laugh--I never thought I'd look back at the happy times and cry."

Please respond on this, and by the way I encourage others to write in response to this post as I believe it is important that we all encourage each other in our difficult moments. Lets all help foray know we are all standing by, even within if it is only within cyberspace {my thoughts and prayers are with you foray}? kisses and hugs
smile.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

Digby

I don't think I can write as eloquent a response as Bacchus, nor can I say that I have personal experience that matches your own. I do understand loss, frustration, sleeplessness, hurt, the feeling that you are a jinx, the thoughts that somehow God has willed pain... So maybe that's enough personal experience to say that the human spirit is strong, and that having people around us (or even out in cyberspace) that care, can strengthen that spirit. Have faith also that God can help strenghten your spirit. I do, and that's why I will say a special prayer for you. You really are in my thoughts, foray.

"And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along the stony pass
It's just a moment
This time will pass."

------------------
**Still looking for the
face I had before the
world was made....**

**Work like you don't
need money, love like
you've never been hurt,
and dance like no
one's watching.**

Bacchus & DancingBarefoot, may I have your e-mails please?

(I have obviously disturbed people by posting this thread, so let's talk in private, ok?)

foray

[This message has been edited by foray (edited 04-27-2001).]

no foray, you haven't disturbed me...
I just don't know how to respond. It's something I need to talk about but I don't know how to and I don't want to hurt anyone. This subject is something I'm struggling with a lot right now...I haven't found any answers but I can tell you: you are strong enough to find peace.

surrender
could I ask for your love
we idolize the great
until they stand, statues in the sky
but are the great the good?
sometimes stop and look
the other way
pause to inspect what you tread
there you might find Him
washing your feet
of all the places you long to forget
if I could,
I'd climb the stairway
to sit in Your heaven
Your heaven because of You
and all the things that You do
the warmth has faded now
but You haven't dimmed
to me You prove
as I struggle to accept what I can't touch
all the good-bye's will be washed away
one day we'll be together
and the scatter of light from His eyes
will lead us all home.

that was one of the happiest poems I've written in a while even if it's unoriginal and I stole pieces..
I wish I could help somehow but all I can do is write what I'm feeling...I hope it doesn't hurt anyone.

You are right, BabyGrace.
And thank you for that poem.. I'm glad that it is a happy one for you and that you draw strength from it.

foray

------------------
The story of life is quick as the wink of an eye; The story of love is hello and goodbye. --Jimi Hendrix

Way to go BabyG, glad to read your response, most people 'round here probably felt the same as you. It's such a deep subject that most don't know how to response, must say i like your response though, great poem!!!

Don't you worry foray, you still have admirers in here and some people who really respect and hold you in high regards...

WAy to Go!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom