a new piece :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
The Red Bird:

Technique: Ink (Pelikan "chinese" ink) over Basic Paper.

I finished this illustration last week. It took me a lot of time because it is the first time I work with inks, and I had to be very patient to see the results. But It worth it and I think this is one of my best pieces :)

Lore.

theredbird.jpg

gr@<!-- NO SPAM -->cie said:
Beautiful work again Muggsy :)

I like the way you have treated blue background. Did you mask out the foreground and do the background first or add the background later?

I worked in the background first using a "water" mask. I don't use masking fluids or films because they leave hard borders. I just saturate the zone I want to work over with clean water and I apply the ink in very translucid layers letting it move freely over the water.

Beautiful work, Muggsy!

I really like the choice and balance between colors. The style and technique are very interesting, too. Really well done!

Muggsy....just terrific work.

As Ube wrote: "Jamaroqui [sic] is great." Me too. One of my favorites is an early one called Canned Heat.

You have such talent...please pursue your career...you are bound to become famous. :)

carol
wizard2c
:|

belissimo, Mugsy! :applaud:

lovely treatment on the bird's eye & wing feathers1

Also in particular the contrast between the very organic splashy blue and the very stylized rounds/curves of the other blues! {aircurents?}

I must check ....can't quite remember if you have u2 art up {it doesn't matter to me if you don't....other than with your [Obvious Talent[/i]...I'd like to see what your srtisit treatment would be of them. :)

You don't hsve to answer that...i'll recheck myself.

I'kll also have to check oyut Deviasnt art.....I only get there when someone's work is on some other {what I'm interested in} site & I folow the link.

Last edited:
hmm... I have done few U2 art... I only have a CD booklet design (with photography) and a study of Bono's head anatomy :D (you can see his skull! hehehehehe). but now I remember I once drew the Chibi U2 when I was 15... I'm gonna look for that drawing :D...

HOW, HOWWW?? how do you do that??? So beautiful yet so unique!! So personal!! I looove what you do! Do you sell your artwork?? You'd become richer than U2! :lol:

UberBeaver said:

And I also sort my food and eat least favorite first. It's a mark of genius.

Heeeh, I do that too!! :laugh: Although my parents tell me it's best to eat food together... sigh

VicksSs said:
HOW, HOWWW?? how do you do that??? So beautiful yet so unique!! So personal!! I looove what you do! Do you sell your artwork?? You'd become richer than U2! :lol:

thanks a lot :D

Now I'm working for two publishing houses here and I sell some of my artwork (only the reproduction rights) for them. But I'm looking how to sell prints of my personal artwork :)

Lore.

Back
Top Bottom