so long teenager

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i remember when i ran into it. it sucked cause i got showered with "oh your such a big BIG boy now!"

shut up!

i really am not a fan of this whole age business, id much prefer to stand still. ive hated birthdays up until i believe i was 10. after that i started counting my birthdays backwards and soon ill be at 0 again.

*hopes this wont be a bad omen

something about 20 sounds so much older. i really am not a fan. 19 is fine by me, its so much easier to say im a teenager than to say im a twentyager. it really doesnt have the same ring.

so as i age ungraciously again in a little while, i look forward to the day when i can retire, shave the few hairs that do remain on my head while new hairs sprout on my forehead, palms, underneath my feet, and ofcourse in my mouth and eyes.

yup, the thought of someone still being a kid at 20 just doesnt work as well. i feel like an odometer, an old shoe, a re-release.

birthdays and sunday evenings have to be the most depressing things in the world.

other than real problems ofcourse.

*cough

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

Depress this!

20 aint old bear. If I want to feel like a teenager, I'll do it. Age is just a number.

Be 20 and love it.

Or else
mad.gif

Buck up kiddo (I can still call you that right?). I was a little depressed when I turned 20, but then I was excited to be 21 and legal. At the end of March, I will be 22, and that is much more depressing than 20.
After 21, there are no more good highlights--it's all downhill from there. So continue to be joyous and carefree for the next 2 years and don't be stressed until you turn 22.

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
After 21, there are no more good highlights--it's all downhill from there.

So the fact that I am 27 means I should just give up and die?

Happy Birthday Bear.

Sarcasm anyone?

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

its not my birthday, so dont wish me a happy birthday angel!

i caught onto your sarcasm! lets be super-friends!

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

The last few years, I always seem to get a little depressed when I find myself a year older. Like, "I'm 22 and what have I accomplished?"

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

I turn 20 in March...and I am definitely not looking forward to it...I wouldn't mind staying 19 for awhile.

Actually, wait, my life sucks now. Can I be 5 again?

Wait, all of the kids hated me when I was 5...and 6...and 7...and so on...

I'm just never happy.

I think 19 should be able to go straight to 21. It's Official gets their numbers screwed up...so why can't my birthdays get a little screwed up?

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

you people arent feeling sorry enough for me.

please.

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Great point!!
biggrin.gif

Hehe, thanks! One of my closest friends always tells me that (the quote).

Looking back at some of the past "post your age" threads, I can see that there are many Interferencers becoming twenty-somethings.

I guess I'm excited in a way, and in another way it's no biggie.

Just think of what will happen in the next ten years of life. How many new cars will there be? Will AOL version 16.0 be really different than the current version? How many hearts will you break (or vice-versa)? What worldwide conflicts will there be? Any new cures? How many U2 albums? Will you be married? How many posts will you have by then?

I do know that as long as my hands don't hurt typing, and I have my health, then I'm going to fucking run with the wind.

death bear - I'll prolly see you in chat before you turn, but if not, happy birthday!!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by wannabe (edited 01-23-2002).]

thanks wannabe.

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

Originally posted by Salome:
I can't wait to turn 65
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Why is that?
I can hopefully retire by then

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 01-23-2002).]

Hey anyone feels the same as I do? - the older I get the more aware I am of my immaturity. I used to be soooo mature when I was a kid!
rolleyes.gif
(maybe cos the adults kept telling me)

furry

Don't feel so bad, bear. I share a similar yet slightly more terrifying predicament with you. Just as you are leaving your teen years I am leaving my twenties. Yes, that's right, I am living through my last few days as a twenty-something right now, as I write these words. I turn thirty at the beginning of February and I am not ready yet! I never thought I would be thirty. You can't trust anyone over thirty! I have to tell you to enjoy your twenties while you can because I remember turning twenty-one like it was yesterday. It's true what they say that time goes by faster as you get older. And I don't feel like the adults I used to know yet. I am not jaded or cynical or stuffy and I hope I never become that way. I can relate to what foray said about being more aware of my immaturity as I grow older. Sicy is right on when she says that age is just a number. It's all inside of you.

SO, while I sympathize with your situation, I am here to tell you that I have it much worse than you and there is no going back so I guess we will just have to deal with it.

You're all veritable babies!!!

[This message has been edited by Calluna (edited 01-24-2002).]

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
i really am not a fan of this whole age business, id much prefer to stand still.

Ok, so I see your point on age being stupid, but you CAN'T stand still. It will ruin your life!!!! (I'm sure you understand this, you were just having ragefest there). But take it from someone who is 17, being a teenager sucks. Maybe being 19 doesn't suck as bad. But I'm sick of parental signatures for everything!
mad.gif
Anyhew, don't worry about being 20, someday you'll be 40...then 50 and so on. You have a long life to live! Be happy about that! Just make it worthwhile.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

For me, the age of no return is 26. Before then, you grow up to look better and hotter, and after that, you grow up to look sagged and wrinkled and wear "Oops, I Crapped My Pants!"
wink.gif

Age, of course, is the figment of imagination.

Oh, but I don't feel sorry for you, Blattus!
mad.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Back
Top Bottom