Its the big one WW.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
uh, hate to be the wet blanket here but adding exercise is important, too. walking is great but anything that gets you moving. and, if you can, add some weight lifting to maintain muscle mass (also addresses osteoporosis). diets don't work in the long run. yes, portion control is key so ww should really help with that and also with making smart substitutions. best of luck.

yay for all of us!!! I have my weekly weigh-in tomorrow morning. we shall see how it goes, but regardless of the numbers, it has been a good week for me. I've stayed on-plan and i've added more activity into my schedule. Also, this week I fit back into my "skinny" (er) pants that I haven't been able to wear for almost a year!!! :hyper:

And yes, bayrou, you're correct in that adding exercise and strength training is equally important. In fact, it is part of the WW program. They try to start you off with learning portion control and healthy eating and then gradually work into adding more and more activity to your life. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. :yes:

good for you!!! :applaud:

sulawesigirl4 said:
yay for all of us!!! I have my weekly weigh-in tomorrow morning. we shall see how it goes, but regardless of the numbers, it has been a good week for me. I've stayed on-plan and i've added more activity into my schedule. Also, this week I fit back into my "skinny" (er) pants that I haven't been able to wear for almost a year!!! :hyper:

And yes, bayrou, you're correct in that adding exercise and strength training is equally important. In fact, it is part of the WW program. They try to start you off with learning portion control and healthy eating and then gradually work into adding more and more activity to your life. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. :yes:

sulawesigirl4 said:

And yes, bayou, you're correct in that adding exercise and strength training is equally important. In fact, it is part of the WW program. They try to start you off with learning portion control and healthy eating and then gradually work into adding more and more activity to your life. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. :yes:

:up: did not know that. excellent!

you know I'm really trying to be mindful of what I eat when I was at the White Sox game tonight and without thinking reached over and grabbed one of my fiance's curly fries. didn't even finish a bite before I caught myself, going what the hell am I doing? I spit out the bite. :lol:

I joined online on Monday!! :) I have lost 20lbs since Jan with lots of exercise and watching what I eat but I'm horrible at portion control so I'm hoping this will help.

I seem to have hit some sort of mini-plateau in the last few weeks. I'm still losing a little but it is more like half a pound a week. Which is fine, but weird because I'm more active than before. Anyways, I talked to my leader at my last WI and she thinks I need to make sure to eat all my points. Seems funny but I actually do end up with points at the end of the day and have to work to fit them all in. And the program does seem to work better when you eat all the points you're supposed to. Soooo, this week I've been much more mindful in meal planning. WI is on Saturday, so guess I'll see if it is helping. In any case, regardless of the scale, my clothes are fitting better and I'm back in things that I haven't worn for ages. And I went shopping and got a couple cute new things for summer. yay! :)

:hug: to all of us.

Yeah, actually I keep hearing it mentioned on the WW boards, but I never knew what exactly it entailed. Thanks for the link. Depending on how my WI goes on Saturday, I might try this next week. Or maybe switch to Core for a while and see how that goes. :up:

U2Girl416 said:
my 2nd WI tonight. hoping it goes well :hyper:

Hope it went well!!

Wish me luck. My WI is tomorrow morning. And if it goes like it has been, I'll be starting a week of Wendie Plan. lol.

heh, 4.6!!! :dance: I'm less than 2 lbs away from a total of 20 lost!

I think I am seeing a trend here. My body likes to hold on for 2-3 weeks at the same weight and then let a lot go at once. Weird, but I'm not complaining.

^ :applaud:

Down 2lbs for me, not bad considering my husband and I went on a little road trip this past weekend and I ate nothing but crap.

gman said:
The key is to eat a BALANCED diet. have yer healthy stuff, but also yer junk stuff at times. ?

haha a BALANCED diet doesnt mean eating some good food and some junk. a balanced dieting is eating all of your basic food groups.

to be honest, if eating crappy junk food is seen as a "reward" for being good, then you really havent gotten to the point of a lifestyle change. eating crappy food that is bad for you shouldnt be something seen as desireable.

sulawesigirl4 said:
heh, 4.6!!! :dance: I'm less than 2 lbs away from a total of 20 lost!

I think I am seeing a trend here. My body likes to hold on for 2-3 weeks at the same weight and then let a lot go at once. Weird, but I'm not complaining.

:applaud: Congrats to you!

Bono's Betty said:
^ Have you heard of the Wendie Plan? Check this out. :) Might help with your plateau.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99187

That is pretty interesting and I realized that for myself when I first started WW. If I was eating within my point range, and becoming a rabbit...I still wasn't dropping as much as I should have. Then I would have a day and add more fat or protein and it would be higher or less points and then boom....a loss!

How's everyone doing? Summer is here, and I am loving the fact that I can grill outside. I just bought some summer squash from a local farmer. :drool: Looking forward to throwing that on the grill tonite.

At WI this morning I lost another 2.2 for a total of 30.6 since I started WW. :D Needless to say, I'm rather pleased. lol.

Does anyone have recommendation for workout videos/dvds? I've heard about TurboJam but want to know more before I buy. I really just want something I can pop in for the length of time I have (10, 15, 20, 30, 45 minutes). Preferably something that feels like dancing and less like aerobic ala Jane Fonda. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom