I'm crummy under pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I do not deal with pressure well at all. I'm going to be under alot of it next month when my art studio has its giant fundraiser. We are going to sell our paintings, tiles, ceramics, etc, etc, at a giant show in downtown Birmingham. I need to have a good show. I'm going to be so damn nervous. I was nervous in December without pressure; I got into the silent auction but that was a surprise, I had no idea. This time, I know I have to do the auction, and sell some art. Can you say "stressed out"?
*grabs hose for "cooling it" purposes*

Last edited:
I really don't do well when under pressure too. It's good to have a deadline but not when it's so close to you and you still got a lot of things to do. There's a lot of pressure on me right now too. Lots of things I should be doing, a 200 pages book I should be reading for June 3, I haven't even started, I got no time.... except for hanging out here. :wink:

nbcrusader said:
Nothing's too big for God. Lets take it up in prayer! :up:

I agree. I absolutely am *not* leaving God out of this. I have my rosary, with a scripture-based rosary prayer book, and some other neat things. Everything will be great when I've finished that auction! I'll have new fans! Everyone in town is going to be at this show! I also know some cool people who know how to get through this kind of thing with their nervous systems intact. They'll be a big help.

Last edited:
I just visited your art site. Very nice! I especially like your use of the metallic enamel. Good luck at your auction. I'm sure it will all work out fine. It's natural to be stressed.:up:

I got some help this afternoon. It turns out that I was scheduled to go to a medieval re-enactment thingie the day before and teach and stuff. Well, I decided today that I was pulling the plug on that because all of that stuff together is too damn much pressure. It's too much for July in the Sunbelt, because we're doing it outside. So I'll be at home in the shade until I actually go to the park for the show and won't be making that killer trip. I feel much less stressed about the thing now. I need to put some new pictures on my site, I have another one done but not photographed yet.

Good luck, verte! I wish I had some advice, but as a gymnast, I really had no choice but to perform under pressure or suffer the consequences (100 sit-ups for EACH fall by any person on any event. So if you fell at a meet, you and everyone else who fell had to do sit ups=100xtotal falls.....so I usually didn't fall!). What I usually told myself at meets was, there's a reason I'm last in the line-up, b/c I am consistent. So just tell yourself, there's a reason you're selling art at this show, b/c you're a good artist! The stupid thing is that if I didn't let the pressure get to me, I'd relax, loose focus, and make stupid mistakes.

My brother who is 17 is also an artist and he's having his very own show in a real gallery next year. It's kinda funny b/c my bro is the popular ladies' mad badass type who doesn't do well in school at all, but he's a damn good artist!

Everytime I see this thread title, the little song player in my head goes "do do do dodododo...Pressure pushing down on me, pressing down on you...." :p

Believe it or not I was a "show acrobat" in school plays. They didn't trust me with speaking parts, but I could dance and do basic things like somersaults, so they put me and about six other girls on mats in costumes and had us do some routine. It wasn't a competition needless to say. I would have absolutely flubbed a competition to hell.

verte76 said:
It wasn't a competition needless to say. I would have absolutely flubbed a competition to hell.

Ironically, sometimes it helps. I remember my first meet ever, I was so terrified of falling off bars I clung on so tight I swear you couldn't have pushed me off!

Try to do something relaxing after your stressful situation. So many times we carry the burden of stress long after the situation has passed.

Do something for you: go for a walk, read a book, eat an ice cream cone, talk to a friend, drink some green tea.

Manage your stress - don't let your stress manage you

:hug:

fah said:
Try to do something relaxing after your stressful situation. So many times we carry the burden of stress long after the situation has passed.

Do something for you: go for a walk, read a book, eat an ice cream cone, talk to a friend, drink some green tea.

Manage your stress - don't let your stress manage you

:hug:

Ice cream.....:drool: :drool: There's a local creamery that serves a killer French vanilla......it'll be closed right after the show but there's the next day when I don't have to work.

Back
Top Bottom