If there is one food I can't stand it's...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to do this in categories.

Things I Will Eat But Won't Look At Too Closely:
sliced lunch meat
hamburgers
hot dogs

Things I Like The Taste Of But Won't Eat Pieces Of:
onions
mushrooms
ham
celery (does celery have a taste?)
red meat or poultry in any non-ground up form that I can't see clearly, like in soup or a sauce... or steak. I had a bad experience with a steak once.
cooked tomatoes (raw tomatoes and tomato sauce are delicious)
shellfish

Things I Just Flat Out Won't Eat
peppers
sour sop
basalmic vinegar
avocado
squash or eggplant

I don't like the taste and texture of most meats....especially canned or hot dogs, liver, organ meats like chicken livers...yuck....

I don't like "fishy" fish either, and can't stand picking bones out of my food. I don't like slimy stuff like clams, oysters, mussells either, yuck.

I love the taste of peppers and onions but just can't digest them like with most hot and spicy foods, or Indian foods with cumin, chutney, coriander, curry or paprika.

Some vegetables that I find icky are brussel sprouts, okra, eggplant, cabbage, turnips and rutebega.

Blech!

I won't eat ethnic foods if I don't know what it is.

I only eat white meat from chicken or turkey, no drumsticks or legs or thighs. It just tastes funny to me.

i seem to be a threadkiller lately but all this talk of mayo (which im not really into) has me thinking about a freind of mine.

i was living with "dave" and at the time i couldnt stand him, he had all these crazy habits. like he loooooouuuuvvved meats in bulk,... like a big ham, he could come in and displace ice cream from my freezer to my fridge just so his ham could stay longer, it was incredible.

anyway, so one day after so many events between him and i that pushed me closer to the edge than any other human has in my life it all comes to a head.

"dave" who likes to walk around in his tightie whiteys decides that for breakfast he will slice up these little bricks of bulk bologna and for some reason he thinks i need company in front of the television. ENTER THE MAYO.

"dave" has his very own special mayo jar, which is good because who wants communal mayo right?

he sits down on the couch and because breakfast was more important than pants he puts the little "bologna fingers" on his crotch (remember! he wears little tightie whiteys) and then starts in a mildly-disgusting-because-if-it-was-chick-it-would-be-hot-kind of-way DIPS the bologna chunks in the mayo and gulps them down with authority.

there, an actual post, im proud of myself

^ :barf:

I can't believe I forgot avacados/guacamole, eggplant, miso soup which tastes like sponges in dishwater to me :yuck: and hot and sour soup

ILuvLarryMullen said:
i don't get all the people who don't like eggplant, it doesn't have a very strong taste. I like it and i don't care for most vegitables.

Eggplant scares me. It's just gross. It's the look and texture. I don't even know what it tastes like because I can't get past the other stuff. I'm a visual person when it comes to food. If I don't like how it looks chances are I won't even try it. I also have texture issues....don't even get me started on that one. :yuck: I'm gagging just thinking about all of the food that makes me gag due to the texture. :barf: Eggplant also has seeds in it. I have major seed issues. I can't have any sort of seed in my food other than watermelon. It's not guaranteed I'll be able to eat it if there's a lot of the white seeds in it. Seedless watermelon :up: The last time I ordered something with eggplant in it there was a ton of eggplant seeds so I had to send it back and order something else :reject: You should see how long it takes me to clean peppers. I live off of them but I can't eat them until every single seed is gone. :yuck:

Liesje said:
I hate all nuts. I won't eat anything with nuts in it. It's the texture I don't like. Apples and coconuts have same texture. To me, it feels like I'm chewing on spongy wood. There are some peanut butter things that I will eat...

OMG thank you. Someone finally agrees with me. :sick: I also can't stand it when my hot/cold food touches on my plate. For example when my salad touches the sauce on my spaghetti. :sick:

one4u2 said:
^ :barf:

I can't believe I forgot avacados/guacamole, eggplant, miso soup which tastes like sponges in dishwater to me :yuck: and hot and sour soup

you make me cry :sad: Miso soup is a total comfort food for me. It makes me feel all warm and cozy.

Cleasai said:

you make me cry :sad: Miso soup is a total comfort food for me. It makes me feel all warm and cozy.

Sorry, I just can't do it! and as for the hot/cold food thing my friend is the same way you are not alone :wink:

lash said:
i seem to be a threadkiller lately but all this talk of mayo (which im not really into) has me thinking about a freind of mine.

i was living with "dave" and at the time i couldnt stand him, he had all these crazy habits. like he loooooouuuuvvved meats in bulk,... like a big ham, he could come in and displace ice cream from my freezer to my fridge just so his ham could stay longer, it was incredible.

anyway, so one day after so many events between him and i that pushed me closer to the edge than any other human has in my life it all comes to a head.

"dave" who likes to walk around in his tightie whiteys decides that for breakfast he will slice up these little bricks of bulk bologna and for some reason he thinks i need company in front of the television. ENTER THE MAYO.

"dave" has his very own special mayo jar, which is good because who wants communal mayo right?

he sits down on the couch and because breakfast was more important than pants he puts the little "bologna fingers" on his crotch (remember! he wears little tightie whiteys) and then starts in a mildly-disgusting-because-if-it-was-chick-it-would-be-hot-kind of-way DIPS the bologna chunks in the mayo and gulps them down with authority.

there, an actual post, im proud of myself

That? sounds plain psychotic!:yes: For me, bologna+mayonaise are the worst possible combo of nasty foods, and this story made me feel sick! I feel for ya, lash. How did you ever put up w/ that?!:huh:

(I know it's a drink, but...)

root beer. It literally sickens me. I am an obsessive Coke drinker, but root beer is one thing I cannot stand.

oooh! i never thought of drinks! well while we're on the the topic of drinks...

i can't stand coke. not because of the taste, but because of what it stands for. i refuse to buy coke products.

TheQuiet1 said:
Marmite. Even just the smell of it makes me feel nauseous.

Me too! :wink: same with salad cream! :yuck:

I've never heard of miso soup! :confused:

oh, oh I forgot ranch dressing, sweet potatoes (but I love any kind of regular potatoes) and calamari :barf: I won't eat anything self propelled without a vertabrae. I guess I am really picky with food and I'm sure I'll post yet again when I realize theres something else I wont eat :happy:

Back
Top Bottom