I survived Hurricane Ivan!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I'm back online after five days of not having any power at all and five days of not having any telephone connections. I survived Hurricane Ivan! Birmingham got eight inches of rain in six hours, trees were uprooted all over and blocking just about every street in Birmingham. Some bricks got blown off of our chimney! It was the biggest f:censored:g mess I've ever seen. It was the worst storm by a long shot that we've ever had. I hate hurricane season now more than ever. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I feel for you verte. I've been affected in some way by all four storms, although Charley was the big one here. As terrifying as the actual storm is, the six weeks since Charley have been emotionally, physically, and mentally draining on everyone here. Mother nature is a cruel bitch.

Ivan is the worst storm to ever hit Alabama. I've never seen such a violent storm. It started to get ugly Wednesday and then Thursday morning it got worse and worse, and knocked out the power and we got our telephone connection screwed up when a tree in the backyard fell and took down a line with it. It was the first time we've ever had a telephone outage. That was a major pain in the :censored:. We still don't have our cable TV. They had to fix the telephone wired first. I don't watch TV to speak of so I don't miss it but my parents do. Hurricanes=:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Ivan brought at least 30 tornadoes to VA...one of them was 3 miles from my house! :ohmy:
The same with Frances. Tons of tornadoes in the area.
Charley just brought rain.
But Gaston was the worst. Totally destroyed downtown Richmond.
And now i'm waiting for Jeanne.............

Back
Top Bottom