I found my book, but....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
...I think I got ripped off on eBay :mad:

I won this bed set that pictures/says in the description is brand new, never opened. It was supposed to come with a comforter, sheet set, and pillow cases. Only the comforter was in the package. There are three things wrong with this: 1) where the fuck is the rest of the stuff? 2) why is the stuff not in there if the set was "never opened"? 3) the seller isn't responding to my contacts.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I WANT MY STUFF YOU BITCH!!!!

sorry, I'm pissed.

I filed a complaint with PayPal and also obtained contact info. So the seller should know that I know her name, location, and phone number and a PayPal complaint goes on her record.

I REALLY don't like getting ripped off :macdevil:

I did a Ryan Adams bootleg trade with a girl in Australia for a show I've been looking for for a year and a half. I got the discs, and the 1st one is fine but the 2nd one is from a different show...and she won't email me back. :|

At least money wasn't involved, but I am so disappointed.

Honestly, I'm surprised that Ebay does so well. It seems like a perfect mechanism for fraud.

I hope this works out for you Lies.

yeah ebay scares me

good luck, and if all else fails you can always track them down and beat their ass.

i stay faaar away from ebay as possible unless i see a u2 item that i want then i make someone else get it for me lol.

eBay sucks, it really does

I really dont understand why people bother buying clothes off eBay. one time my ex-roommate got these really fugly shoes off eBay... she was actually surprised they looked so horrible compared to the pictures :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd never buy clothes on eBay (besides U2 shirts). I LOVE eBay for posters though :drool:

I bought the bed set b/c it was one that I recognized from two years ago and they don't sell them over so I knew exactly what it looked like. I wanted it b/c it matches all of my other cheap Target stuff like my rugs, lamps, clocks, picture frames, and the sheets I already have (that I use to cover my hideous turkey love seat).

I got what were supposed to be posters of U2 from a person in like Japan or something. They ended up being cut out pictures from a magazine :( I mean they were ok but it's not what I asked for :madspit:

never had problems with e-bay before...
i've sold some Playstation 2 games...brought a 160GB hard drive....Mini Disc player....guess i've been lucky

in all of my ebay dealings, i've only been ripped off once...the guy never sent me a mag with u2 in it. i emailed him and he said he sent it, but since he had a duplicate, he'd resend...yep, never got that one :mad:...but i won't complain since i only lost like $5 on that one. ebay is great for band tshirts and cds...:drool: half.com :drool:

BAW and I have had nothing but success with Ebay; while what NBC says about it's potential for fraud, many of the credit card investigators that I know call it the world's largest "open bank vault"; not only does Ebay have our information but they also retain data on very large companies who sell exclusively through them.

My only negative feedback was a revenge hit; I bought two "original" CD's from one seller; he told me that he could NOT combine shipping and that the postage would be $4.00 a piece. $8 shipping for two CD's that took two weeks to get here...when the package arrived, the CD's were "burned" and were together; the frickin' postage was only 49 cents!!!!!!!! :madspit:

I filed a complaint about excessive shipping; put his name on the Feedback forum and even gave him a chance to fix it...refused.

I neg'd him and he neg'd me back! :eyebrow:

But LIV ! I'm glad you found your book!!! :up:

Last edited:
Both Mr fah and I have bought many things off of ebay and have not been ripped off. Like Mr Baw, my major complaint is the sometimes excessive shipping, handling and brokerage rates charged especially if an item is coming to my house from outside of Canada.

verte76 said:
I've seen items on ebay where the shipping price was higher than the price for the item itself. It's never worth it.

This is true of most of the items I get (posters) because of course the tube they are shipped in is worth more material-wise and also they usually come from Great Britain or Scandanavia and it can be expensive to ship internationally, especially w/ customs and such. A lot of the seller's combine shipping though, which is nice, but then you have to wait and get your posters from the same person.

Back
Top Bottom